Dated?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So, the pic below is of my very First Ever Coach bag. :smile: My boyfriend bought it for my as a birthday gift several years ago. I loved the heck out of it, but haven't carried it in quite awhile. Which leads me to post this question here: is it still okay to wear this bag? Does the scribble pattern appear dated? You know "So 2004"? Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. It's still a very cute bag. If you like it carry it

3. I agree. If you like it, carry it. I know I'd rock it. :smile:

4. IMO, I think the date shouldn't matter. The only thing that matters is that you enjoy wearing/carrying the bag. Sometimes, I use my black Coach purse, which I bought 10 years ago. I say just wear/carry the bag in good health.

5. My sister asked me the same question about a watercolor tote (same shape as yours!) the other day. I don't think older styles look dated at all--in fact, when I see people with them, I'm like 'oh, that's a true Coach lover, not just someone who just buys the newest bags.' They've made different variations of the Scribble over the years, since it is pretty popular, so I personally don't think it looks dated at all. I love Scribble--I think you should carry it as long as you still love it :smile:

6. I wouldn't care what others think if you like it use it I use a straw hobo over and over every spring and summer.

7. I'm with everyone else! If you love it then you ROCK it! I have some old signature soho's that I absolutely love and I carry the heck out of them still!

8. Honestly, most ladies aren't as knowledgeable about Coach or care about the details as much as we do on TPF. Therefore I honestly don't think some lady is going to be snickering at you as they pass because they know your Coach purse is from '04. Frankly it's a super waste to leave a Coach bag sitting in your closet unused. Just use it.

9. It's a really cute bag, perfect for summer.

I say rock it out!

Plus if he sees you using it maybe he will think to get you another one ;)

10. Personally I do not like to spend a lot on Summer bags because they can very easily get grungy, so even if you think the print is dated the bag would still be great as a knock around bag for the Summer.

11. I think it's really cute. I would definitely use it and enjoy it. That's what it's there for!

12. I like the look of the early 2000's bags! Just give this bag a good cleaning, and you'll be on your way!

13. :rochard: if you like it then i say rock it!

14. I love it so cute and useful...

I love all my bags and if they are Older they are just more lovely to me... I also buy bags that a Vintage or just Older bags because they have such charter...

15. I have the iPod nano case that matches that bag exactly!
    I LOVE the shades of green in the double hangtags.