Dated Handbag Style Dilemma

Cathy_Mac

Apr 23, 2008
I just received a PH Devote and love it! I have been eyeing the new olive colored handbags, as well, and would most likely choose a Darling or Nikki. I don't own either style and have relied on "modeling" photos to get an idea of size, fit, etc. The Darling is less expensive than the Nikki despite the similarity in size, so it is tempting me beyond belief. My concern is that the zipper detail will date the Darling style too quickly. Any opinions on this? I don't buy a handbag with the intent of only getting a season's worth of use out of it and the Nikki seems to be a relatively unchanged style. Help!

I voted for the Nikki too. . . but then again, who knows how long zippers and studs are going to be around. Look at how long metallic bags have been around? Animal prints are coming back too! I guess if you really love the bag, it really doesn't matter how long you use it!

Nikki would be my choice!! You'll have to keep in mind that the Olive leather may a stiff leather at first than a lot of the other Nikkis but breaking her in would be fun!

My first instinct says: Nikki!

Just wait it out a tiny bit and save your money...though TBH, as massrOmatic says, the Darling has a very small amount of zipper so it shouldn't be that big a deal. :tup:

I appreciate all of the feedback. I really want to act quickly, though...MOB has a sale plus 20% and I could get either the olive Darling or olive Nikki for a very good deal! My first experience with MOB was so positive and I would L-O-V-E to repeat it!!