Date stamps...

1. much to my surprise i found a gorgeous vintage 30cm chocolate box kelly at the goodwill :wtf: today !!!! naturally i couldn't let her stay there so i took her home with me. anyway, i took a look at the date stamp on the inside...... what year is B?

:nuts:

2. No way....!!!!!!!!!!!!! What on earth? Great!
    B in a square is 1998, I think...

3. ^^^^^^^Whhaaaaaa!!!! How come I never have this luck? I am doomed to pay retail, aren't I?

BTW, it's 1946 it's a B by itself.

4. ^^oops! I missed the word "vintage"--!!
    Great find!

5. get out!!! No way! PICS, PICS, PICS!

6. it's B within a circle

7. That's incredible! How lucky. I think I'm doomed along with you, HG.

8. So ...

B on its own is 1946
    B in a square is 1998

B in a circle ? Could it be that the square stretched out? Or is there an even older vintage than 1946?!!!:lol:

9. 1972.

10. ^^ Yeah! HG (knowledge bank) to the rescue!

brian, please post pics. Please please please:yahoo:

11. That is SO cool! You are SO lucky!!!! Congrats!!!!:yahoo:

12. Is it in good shape?

13. :nuts: thanks hermesgroupie!!

i'll try to post pics as soon as i can find the cord for my cam.... :drool::drool:
    the bag is in okay condition, the leather has gotten kind of slouchy and looks just amazing,...very beautiful patina...the handle is a little bit chewed up :s and the inside is kind of dirty. but it really is still so beautiful!!

14. NO BLOODY WAY!!!! Brian, what a SCORE! 1972 Kelly????? ARGGGHHH!!! All I ever find in my Salvation Army is stuff with fringe and grandma's hand-made doily's!

15. waiting ...

waiting .......

waiting ............

Where are the photos! I am dying to see choc box, even mor so vintage, so I can extrapolate what my (hope to be) chox box could possibly look like, and it's gonna seal it or kill it for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice