Date code: would you be suspicious?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. The other day I bought a DE speedy 35 and today I exchanged it for a DE speedy B 35. The date code is 3103. Would you be suspicious of a bag that was made so long ago (relatively speaking) that hasn't sold yet? In afraid there may be something wrong with it that I didn't notice. Am I just being paranoid???

2. The SAs just grab bags to sell, I don't think they are in any order, so it's possible that newer bags were placed on top of this one and were sold first. I wouldn't be suspicious, but you should carefully examine your bags before the leaving the boutique anyway.

3. Thanks! I definitely examined it, so that's why I think I'm just being paranoid. :smile: I'll continue to inspect this weekend...just in case.

4. My husband just bought my a coin holder and the date code is from 2012. I guess its just older stock but I wouldn't worry about it.

5. omg ur coin holder is from 2002? hows that possible now in 2014

6. She wrote 2012

7. I think she meant the coin purse is from the year 2012, not that the date code is 2012.

8. OP, so your speedy was made the 30th week of 2013? i think it's pretty normal.

9. Not at all! The SAs will just grab whatever comes first, I imagine. It's not like they're going out of date. :biggrin: I wouldn't worry!

10. No. It's not a big deal.

11. My hubby just bought me my milla and it was made in the year 2012 so I wouldn't worry too much over it. Just enjoy!!

12. Thanks everyone! I know it's just a couple of months, thanks for confirming I was (as usual) overthinking it! :smile:

13. I think your date code of 3103 = the 30th week of 2013, which is really not that long ago to still be in stock. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

14. no I wouldn't

15. I think that totally normal. I just bought Milla pochette this week and date code says it is made almost a year ago.