Date code one week a head

Swedengirl

Jan 20, 2016
On Friday last week I ordered the MPA online. It was shipped the same day, week 42.

On Monday this week (week 43) I received my bag. I now notice that the date code TA4230 actually says that the bag was made week 43 year 2020.

That’s impossible as I received my bag on Monday this week.
Has anybody else experienced this?

Reactions: bubablu
On Friday last week I ordered the MPA online. It was shipped the same day, week 42.

On Monday this week (week 43) I received my bag. I now notice that the date code TA4230 actually says that the bag was made week 43 year 2020.

That’s impossible as I received my bag on Monday this week.
Has anybody else experienced this?
I noticed the same thing as well. I do believe the last week of December is actually considered “week 1”.

Reactions: Swedengirl
We give so much attention to the date codes on this forum. It should be just looked at as a small, interesting detail. We think we know the exact formula how Vuitton creates and uses them. But clearly we don't. Weeks and quarters are used way differently in the business world in every field anyway. I always say that even the date code lists that we have here and there online are not even close to being official. Date codesa are industrial numbers for internal use. It is fun for us to explore of course, but as the example shows, receiving a bag from 'next week' is perfectly possible.

I bought a Petite Malle a couple years ago from the store in Paris and was just checking the date code recently and realized that the date code was the same week that I bought it! So it could be possible that they date them slightly differently to the calendar weeks.

Hi! I've had something similar happen. I purchased a Muria on eBay and it has both a visible date code imprinted as well as a microchip that I was able to pickup with my NFC reader. Seller claimed the bag was purchased in March 2021. Anyone else have something similar happen???