Date Code & "Made In" Questions

I purchased the LV Zippy (March 26th, 2021) with no date code inside from the LV website. I called LV online and was told they put microchips inside. I have no way of accessing this info. The lady on the phone told me to keep the receipt as proof of purchase. I am frustrated that anyone could use an old receipt and sell a fake. I am going to go to my local store to ask about this chip. I'm considering returning it for an old wallet with a stamp.

I feel like I am being paranoid.
I received a By The Pool item with no date code as its newly manufactured. Just wanted to check about the chip and downloaded NFC tools app and scanned it. Indeed the app detected a chip but of course you can’t retrieve the information LV would when scanning

I’m not sure how to start a post. Hoping someone can help me. Purchased a neverfull Damier GM and noticed top leather rim overlaps. Is this typical?

Attachments

• EF37B75D-BB15-4179-8AAA-F86568EB7587.jpeg
    EF37B75D-BB15-4179-8AAA-F86568EB7587.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 11
I've purchased Louis vuitton Double Zip Pochette Azur this past Thursday at LV store in Copley Sq Boston. I'm going blind trying to find the code. I even texted my client advisor too he stated it's engraved in the small back pocket in the back on the right side but I still can't find it. Could someone help me? Btw, I am new to this site:smile: Thanks so much!

I've purchased Louis vuitton Double Zip Pochette Azur this past Thursday at LV store in Copley Sq Boston. I'm going blind trying to find the code. I even texted my client advisor too he stated it's engraved in the small back pocket in the back on the right side but I still can't find it. Could someone help me? Btw, I am new to this site:smile: Thanks so much!
There are a bunch of threads about LV going away with putting date codes in bags and replacing it with a chip in the bag that the stores can read that has relevant information....if you just bought it , it’s a possibility it has the chip. I think you can go into the store and they can scan it.

I know this is authentic, I purchased myself at a LV boutique. I have used to carry credit cards and while it is certainly not in bad shape it has been used. I was cleaning a pre-loved purchase today and decided to clean it, was curious about how long I had it, and checked the date code to find it has pretty much worn off. I am a little sad about it. 56C917B7-2462-43B2-87A2-6CA072A12565.jpeg

My double zip had a date code located in the pocket with the card slots near the seam.

It happens, unfortunately. I have some Multicolor bags and SLGs with the raspberry alcantara lining, and the imprinted date code has "disappeared" into the fabric. It's barely visible, and I can't make out the actual code unless I'm using loupes !!

Reactions: BWRiley
No more date codes!!! Fun fact . In case anyone hasn’t heard, Louis Vuitton has now as of March 1, 2021 stopped putting date codes in many of their wallets. I ordered a Clemence wallet day before yesterday, and was so surprised that when I got it I could not find a date code. I thought it was maybe an oversight, but I called Louis Vuitton and the gentleman informed me that they are no longer putting date codes in many of their wallets and have started adding micro chips moving forward. The microchip is hidden between the canvas and the leather and cannot be seen, but if you ever need to take your item in for repair or exchange, they have a scanner that they can scan to verify that it is indeed their product. So if you’re buying or selling, and you come across a Louis Vuitton item that doesn’t have a date code , don’t be alarmed as it is their new transitional phase where they are micro chipping their items now.
I just bought a multi pochette from by the pool collection and couldn’t find any code, went back to the store and they inform me that there’s no more codes. I was actually thinking about return it, because if one day want to sale it and lose the receipt, will be hard to sale and proof that it is original.

I just bought a multi pochette from by the pool collection and couldn’t find any code, went back to the store and they inform me that there’s no more codes. I was actually thinking about return it, because if one day want to sale it and lose the receipt, will be hard to sale and proof that it is original.
Then you won't buy anything ever again? All bags will be like this. And for the 1000th times, a date code contributes 0 to the authenticity.
You should just enjoy the bag, and not stress about a 'maybe' situation somewhere in the future. It doesn't worth it.