Date code doesn't match receipts #

May 18, 2014
Hi
I bought something today at LV boutique n I'm curious to know how can u know that the item matches ur receipt?
I bought baxter gm n on my receipt doesn't have date code written n it only has it's model # and so if I was to sell this item later with my org. Receipt how the buyer would know that the receipt belongs to that item????

LVlvoe_bug

Jul 14, 2012
Midwest
Hi
I bought something today at LV boutique n I'm curious to know how can u know that the item matches ur receipt?
I bought baxter gm n on my receipt doesn't have date code written n it only has it's model # and so if I was to sell this item later with my org. Receipt how the buyer would know that the receipt belongs to that item????
Your date code wouldn't be on the receipt...the item would match the model number pictured on the website.....

lovlouisvuitton

I Love Evo's & LV's!
Authenticator
Aug 16, 2012
Running amuck in Oz!
Hi

LV never put Date codes on Receipts, only the product code/model number. Your DC is on your item. Unfortunately receipts are highly coveted and are used to list Fake LV items, can you imagine what would happen if LV put Date codes on their receipts? The Counterfeiters would have a field day! Oh My! :nuke:

Last edited:

19flowers

O.G.
Apr 25, 2008
USA
date codes are not on receipts, only the model number - the date code could be many months before your purchase.....

Sep 11, 2006
U.K.
Hi
They'd never know anyway. Date codes are not unique.