Date Code Concern... HELP

Hi guys I purchased my LV Artsy as AUTHENTIC !!

This is the date code I have seen others with date codes before a bag was released but my mom has me a little worried now what id your opinion ?

Attachments

• lv 6.jpg
    lv 6.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 3,442
What I do know now , is it's one that came from Louis Vuitton in Paris !! Before it was released in United States !!! Other then that Louis Vuitton here in Phoenix Arizona said it's against their policies to decode another countries date code , and it has nothing to do with a true LV being authentic !!! However there is only 1 LV leather and this is it !!! !!!!and they don't give certificates of authenticity!!! Also advised me not to get any LV that came from any country authenticated online , this code /date and tag all follow What she could find on her system ! So thx but I'll stick with LV from now on !!

Twinmommy

>

What I do know now , is it's one that came from Louis Vuitton in Paris !! Before it was released in United States !!! Other then that Louis Vuitton here in Phoenix Arizona said it's against their policies to decode another countries date code , and it has nothing to do with a true LV being authentic !!! However there is only 1 LV leather and this is it !!! !!!!and they don't give certificates of authenticity!!! Also advised me not to get any LV that came from any country authenticated online , this code /date and tag all follow What she could find on her system ! So thx but I'll stick with LV from now on !!

Twinmommy

>

Half of me is laughing and half of me is sad. This is such an obvious fake lol

PS. Your bag is not made out of leather

Twinmommy

>

I hope you did not pay a lot for this bag. Datecodes are not unique so they don't guarantee authenticity but every datecode from an authentic bag are printed in a certain font. For example, the datecodes starting with AR are printed using a different font with those starting with SP or SD or VI. The VI datecode is printed in a very distinct font and it doesn't resemble the font on the VI datecode on your photo. :sad: I hope whoever you bought it from will not catch anyone else.

Twinmommy

>

Sorry but you've been "had" - this is not an authentic item.

Where did you purchase it from and how did you pay? What do you mean there is only "1 LV leather" - monogram bags are made of canvas, not leather.

Have you even taken it to an LV store as what you've been told is a load of nonsense?

Just an update for my Sac A Dos, it has a bid on ebay more than double what YC would give. It ends tomorrow, so hopefully is will go up!

I love my new Epi NF, got her on my birthday in May!:P

Hi, does any one know if this is an authentic date code? M-66480 I have never seen a - in the date code before, but the seller guarantees that it is authentic. Please help me, thanks

It is not an authentic date code that I am aware of....if you are looking to purchase the item, I would post it in the authenticate this LV thread...:smile:

Hi, does any one know if this is an authentic date code? M-66480 I have never seen a - in the date code before, but the seller guarantees that it is authentic. Please help me, thanks

That sounds like a model number not a date code! The date code usually has two letters and four numbers (depending on the age of the item).

This is the date code I have seen others with date codes before a bag was released but my mom has me a little worried now what id your opinion ?

Sorry.. The date code on this bag is not on a leather tag it's actually imprinted on the lining so that's not even a good fake.
Hope you get your money back.

Twinmommy

>

Oh wow!! :wtf: Your bag would have been canvas not leather my dear....
Would love to have the name of your LV SA.. lol
So so sad....

Oh gosh. No Artsy has a date code tag. They're all imprinted on the pocket to the right of the heat stamp. You can also just see by the lining that it's different than that of an authentic Artsy. I own one that was purchased from LV brand new.
I hope you can get a refund. I'm sorry