Date code and LV's system

heri

Jul 22, 2011
Hi guys,
I'm planning to get a used Galliera. I never bought pre-loved before, but this one is sold out nationwide, and I really like it. But I'm so paranoid about getting a fake bag.
So, I looked at soooo many Gallieras on the trusted resell websites, and yet I can't pull the plug. Even after it's authenticated here, I feel like I need another confirmation of the bag being authentic.
So, do you know if I can check with the store (if i have a copy of the receipt) and have them confirm that a bag with a specific date code is the one on the receipt?
I guess the question is, do LV stores have a date code for each transaction in their system? I know they don't put date code on my receipt.

Thanks in a advance!

EuropeanGuy

Dec 17, 2012
No date codes aren't individual to each individual bag, there's a bunch of bags with the same date code as they were made at the same time :smile:

EuropeanGuy

Dec 17, 2012
And the authentications on here are actually really good and reliable! You should just take their word :smile:

JadaStormy

Jan 23, 2012
houstatlantavegas
Nope the code is not unique and they won't give you any info on someone else's purchase. Also the sales associates aren't trained to detect fakes. If you want a second opinion outside of TPF there are several others you can pay to authenticate.