Darwin Patina v Natural Leather Patina

Flossie

Apr 14, 2007
Hey girls , I am thinking of making a purchase in oak natural leather . All my other oak bags are in darwin and the patina is beautiful . Is it the same for the newer natural leather??

Hey girls , I am thinking of making a purchase in oak natural leather . All my other oak bags are in darwin and the patina is beautiful . Is it the same for the newer natural leather??
My guess is that it would be the same as Mulberry say that the Natural leather is the same as Darwin. By the way how long did it take for your bags to develop a patina. I have a Alana in Oak and am still waiting for it to change colour.

hello flossie, I can't help about patina over time because I have only recently got my two natural leather bags (all my others are darwin). I've got black and oak antony in natural.

The oak one seems to have darkened already. It really has. I wondered whether it's because it reacted more with the collonil than darwin, or whether it's because it's already been rained on and used every day. But I've not yet had it a month so surely not.

attachment.php

comparison of brand new oak phoebe and an 18 month old Annie!

Flossi both of yours look to have a lovely patina now dont they? You say it took 2 years? Ive got some serious bag carrying to do!

Do you think keeping a bag out - instead of in the cupboard in a dustbag - would speed up the process?

Flossi both of yours look to have a lovely patina now dont they? You say it took 2 years? Ive got some serious bag carrying to do!

Do you think keeping a bag out - instead of in the cupboard in a dustbag - would speed up the process?
erm - actually have to confess- Annie hasn't been used that much so the colour she's developed is amazing considering she's spent most of her life in the dustbag!!!!:shame:

I have had the Bays about 2.5 years , the Roxy about 2.
When I had them first I used them all the time , I tend to rotate now . I don't keep them in their dustbags . I think they may have got wet as well at some point. I just can't wait for the patina to get really deep and shiny.