Darn - I received my jumbo caviar flap and don't like the new caviar.

Jul 10, 2007
Hi Ladies,

What are your thoughts on the new caviar?
I thought I'd really splurge and get a black jumbo flap before the price goes up

But I'm not liking the new caviar as much as the old caviar:s

This was a charge/ send purchase, so I didn't see the bag before I bought it and I also thought I would be charge 2250.00 - but instead I was charged 2395.00.
The bag also seems to have some slight scratches on it:sad:
I don't think the newer caviar will be as durable.

What do you guys think?
I'll talk to my s/a tomorrow.

I really appreciate being able to ask you wonderful Chanel ladies your thoughts and input
Thank you.

Awww, I'm sorry you're not happy. :sad: When I bought my black Jumbo a while back (actually I had to exchange mine because of a strap issue), I saw the "new" black caviar IRL, and I didn't like its matte appearance... I found a "new" caviar Jumbo, and I'm sure you can too!! :heart: :tup: Talk to your SA and tell him/her what you're specifically looking for leather wise, and I'm sure you'll have your Jumbo soon!! :tup:

I just received my black jumbo classic from NM yesterday and I don't like it either. It looks like a cheap replica. I bet I have to return it.

the one I received is softer than my other caviar bags.
It has a duller finish too.
It also has (and I just received it) some marks / scratches likes fingernail marks on the inside of the flap :sad:

wow, i don't know that the old and new caviar are different..
i have an old caviar and love it

can u show us pics comparison of the old and new?

and i really think u shoudl return it !

It has scratches? Definitely return it.

I'm not sure what the old caviar was like so I can't compare my jumbos caviars to the old. Don't have that scratching problem with mine though. Good luck!