Darkened/Warmed Handles: color, condition, and comments

Handle condition: Is it an issue for you when buying?

• Yes, I'm turned off by bags that have darkened handles, won't buy 'em

• No, the leather of the body is what counts. If it's lovely, I'm sold!

Results are only viewable after voting.
chaussurewhore said:
...bal told me no, they would not replace handles. old excuse, we are using a different factory since gucci bought us... new excuse, no, we want you to buy a NEW bal bag!:cool:

:lol: That's funny chaussurewhore.^

Yes, I'll take "what is the next new excuse" from Balenciaga for $800.00 please Alex. ;)

I am interested in getting a medium to light colored city and I am concerned about the handles turning dark and weird. Does this always happen with any color other than the darks? Can this darkening be prevented? Also, how long until the darkening occurs?
:confused1:

Use the shoulder strap and they won't darken. If you carry them by the handles most of the time, use LMB handle productor Apple Guard Spray. Avoid hand creams and keep your hands clean and free of oils, newsprint, etc.

Use the shoulder strap and they won't darken. If you carry them by the handles most of the time, use LMB handle productor Apple Guard Spray. Avoid hand creams and keep your hands clean and free of oils, newsprint, etc.

When i saw powder's white city, i was hooked!!! I just got my white purse and i followed her directions. Since the handles were already clean, i applied lmb handles only, allowed to dry, then did several light sprays of apple guard spray. (I sprayed 4-5 light coats over several days)

I will repeat this monthly (Not so many coats of the spray next time), but i truly believe my handles will be fine!!! Since the purse only has handles, i carry on crook of arm (less oily).. the white requires a little more work, but WOW.........IT IS TO DIE FOR!!!

also, need to add this. on my caramel city, i IMMEDIATELY treated the handles with LMB, reapplied monthly (didn't use spray on this bag) and they have not DARKENED AT ALL (3-4 months daily carrying)

I believe ANY bag can be kept pristine by adding 1 or 2 more steps for light bags. I have heard several people say that they avoid the light colors because of the extra upkeep.

Chose your colors BECAUSE YOU LIKE THEM!! Whatever you really like, you will go a little extra to baby it.....trust me, i am generally a low maintenance type of gal; just not with my bags....they are special and i treat them that way!!!!;) ;) :heart: :heart: