Dark/Wine Red Patent Leather Betty NMLC $644

I confess, it's me.............I called last night and had it shipped to me, this forum is so baaaaaaaaaaaaaad, also GOOD--love all the great deals we find out about. I fell in love with that bag when I first saw it in NM, but didn't want to pay the $1840, kept waiting for it to go on sale, every color but that one went on sale, so I ended up ordering the brown patent from BG on sale, but for some reason couldn't get into it, maybe I had my heart set on the burgandy/red, so I let it go. Just couldn't resist this price, so I'll try again. I was trying to resist, but kept thinking about it and I was paying for the bag as the store closed via phone. I'm such a 'bagaholic'.
OR, you could say, I had to save the bag, keep it in the pf family---whatever justification works, I'll use.
Will post pics when I get it, I live in FL, so maybe I'll get it tomorrow or the next day.
Anyway, thanks so much Mona for the post, I really appreciate the info. :smile:

Ilson - I laughed so hard after I read your post! We flushed you out!! - LOL! :lol::lol::lol:You poor thing. I am no different from you and it is only by the grace of God that I didn't buy that bag too - LOL! Its like I don't want to buy anything else in the world - not clothes, shoes, nothing else....and ONLY Chloe bags. No other ones will do. Anybody else feel this crazy? I know susieserb does whether she admits it or not. Today I had to go to Neiman's and of course - what else? - I HAD to go check out the Chloes. The SA's never bother with me since they know I always look and never buy anything. They must think I am really weird. "HER again" - LOL Yet I always seem to have a different Chloe on my arm. A newbie salesgal came up to woo me and I wanted to tell her to "GET AWAY"...leave me with my darlings!!! Then I started groping a new Heloise in a dark patent red that was just spectacular. I could tell at a moment's glance what was different. I noted all the regular Paddies. The black patent Paddy was gone. Sigh. Neiman's is the only store in my vicinity to have these purses to see IRL. Wish I could camp out there permanently. DH probably wouldn't care at this point. "Writing about purses again?"!!!!

I was all ready to make an APB on an Ebay search. Not that anything is wrong with that!!! But I so wanted an addicted gal to get this buy, not some dealer to make a flip.

Ilson can you sell your brown one on Ebay? Apply here and sell it on the forum? Have two chain handle Betty's (like Divnanata!!!)?

You're right about that purse never going on sale. That red patent Betty only went on sale this Spring but if I recall the reduction wasn't that great? and then it was gone from our store in a blink of any eye?

I was all ready to make an APB on an Ebay search. Not that anything is wrong with that!!! But I so wanted an addicted gal to get this buy, not some dealer to make a flip.

Ilson can you sell your brown one on Ebay? Apply here and sell it on the forum? Have two chain handle Betty's (like Divnanata!!!)?

You're right about that purse never going on sale. That red patent Betty only went on sale this Spring but if I recall the reduction wasn't that great? and then it was gone from our store in a blink of any eye?

Not to worry, a real bag addict did get the bag--lol-----my family just shakes their head anymore, 'another bag??'. I've already moved my brown one on, I didn't sell it on e-bay, however, selling on e-bay does help me support my habit. If I buy one and decide it's not one of my fav's or I haven't carried it in a while, I do put it on e-bay. Since I'm such an addict, my bags are new or like new, so maybe I do need to apply to sell on the forum. I just recently sold a Tracy with tags still attached for a song and dance, probably a mistake, but since I never carried it,....... oh well, on to the next bag!!

I'm excited about my new bag, tried to resist, but kept thinking about how much 'in love' I was with that color, what a great deal, get anothr 5% off with my Neiman's charge, yada, yada.............so Betty's on her way!!:yes:

Ilson - I laughed so hard after I read your post! We flushed you out!! - LOL! :lol::lol::lol:You poor thing. I am no different from you and it is only by the grace of God that I didn't buy that bag too - LOL! Its like I don't want to buy anything else in the world - not clothes, shoes, nothing else....and ONLY Chloe bags. No other ones will do. Anybody else feel this crazy? I know susieserb does whether she admits it or not. Today I had to go to Neiman's and of course - what else? - I HAD to go check out the Chloes. The SA's never bother with me since they know I always look and never buy anything. They must think I am really weird. "HER again" - LOL Yet I always seem to have a different Chloe on my arm. A newbie salesgal came up to woo me and I wanted to tell her to "GET AWAY"...leave me with my darlings!!! Then I started groping a new Heloise in a dark patent red that was just spectacular. I could tell at a moment's glance what was different. I noted all the regular Paddies. The black patent Paddy was gone. Sigh. Neiman's is the only store in my vicinity to have these purses to see IRL. Wish I could camp out there permanently. DH probably wouldn't care at this point. "Writing about purses again?"!!!!

Know what you mean, sometimes I feel like the 'Chloe stalker',--lol--- always drawn to those luscious bags, I try to wander around and look interested in the others, but end up in the Chloe section. I definitely can relate to the 'Chloe bag obsession.'
I do have a great SA in Neiman's that will let me know when they are going on sale, in fact, if she knows I'm interested in one, she'll put it back right before the pre-sale----especially if it's one that will go real fast.

Know what you mean, sometimes I feel like the 'Chloe stalker',--lol--- always drawn to those luscious bags, I try to wander around and look interested in the others, but end up in the Chloe section. I definitely can relate to the 'Chloe bag obsession.'
I do have a great SA in Neiman's that will let me know when they are going on sale, in fact, if she knows I'm interested in one, she'll put it back right before the pre-sale----especially if it's one that will go real fast.
What a divine SA Ilson! That's the sort of thing they should do to keep us happy. So far I have bought two bags from that Neiman's but I've returned both over time - only because I was able to get them cheaper through other sources. The old hand SA's know this, I guess, so they never approach me. Yet they should realize that I DO have assorted Chloe bags. If they would work with me like putting away a bag until pre-Sale season....well alrighty then! They could rack up some brownie points big time. In all honesty, though, I have come to realize that if one can be patient there will be sensational deals available through many online channels. Sales at my local Neiman's will be rare and difficult to navigate.

BTW - I forgot to say how happy I was for you to get this red patent chain handled Betty. It is one of my absolute favorites!

Thanks Divnanata, I awaiting the arrival, hopefully today. You are so right about the deals, especially being associated with the forum--lots of great members sharing news about all the sales. In addition, we just had a NMLC open about an hour away, so I'm starting to shy away from the 'normal' retail environment--finding a bag at 1/3 of the price of normal retail makes it hard to justify full price, (unless of course, it's a tdf, must have, can't sleep sort of thing).:rolleyes:

I confess, it's me.............I called last night and had it shipped to me, this forum is so baaaaaaaaaaaaaad, also GOOD--love all the great deals we find out about. I fell in love with that bag when I first saw it in NM, but didn't want to pay the $1840, kept waiting for it to go on sale, every color but that one went on sale, so I ended up ordering the brown patent from BG on sale, but for some reason couldn't get into it, maybe I had my heart set on the burgandy/red, so I let it go. Just couldn't resist this price, so I'll try again. I was trying to resist, but kept thinking about it and I was paying for the bag as the store closed via phone. I'm such a 'bagaholic'.
OR, you could say, I had to save the bag, keep it in the pf family---whatever justification works, I'll use.
Will post pics when I get it, I live in FL, so maybe I'll get it tomorrow or the next day.
Anyway, thanks so much Mona for the post, I really appreciate the info. :smile:
Congrats IIson! I'm glad a tpfer got her. Can't wait to see the pics.