Dark spots

Miss Evy Rocks!

AMARYLIS RISING PHOENIX
O.G.
Dec 15, 2007
Hi and thanks in advance!!
I've been noticing dark spots on the right side of my face, near my cheek. I'd like some recommendations on creams to treat these dark spots? I rather pick a quality product that won't break the bank :sweatdrop:
For reference, I am in my early 30s, caramel skin (Hispanic), with a mix of dry and oily skin.
Suggestions?

I don't know how to get rid of it permanently, maybe ask your dermatologist? But you can use a color corrector under your foundation to hide it.

If the spots are caused by post-inflammation hyperpigmentation, then you can try a Vitamin C serum, a Vitamin C + E + Ferulic acid formulation is optimal. You can also check out Shark Sauce, a serum with 5% Niacinamide. Of course, the usual caveats (patch-testing, checking ingredient lists, etc.) apply.

I would suggest visiting a dermatologist to find out what it is first and what's causing it. They can then give you prescription strength treatments as the ones you get over the counter are usually not strong enough. Also don't forget to wear sunscreen or sunblock daily.

Reactions: Sassys
Is it hyperpigmentation? I'm a woman of color too and I've had hyper pigmentation myself. Try a black soap (shea moisture's is really good) and cocoa butter. You can also try using coconut oil as well.