Dark patina opinions please!

Eli23

Feb 22, 2019
Hey Everyone,
I have been gifted an older Delightful PM by a family member. I have never had a bag with vachetta this dark so i honestly don’t know how i feel about it. My question is, what do you all think? Is this acceptable or does it look dirty? Just to make things clear, i don’t normally care what people say and if i like the bag i wear it but i just don’t know if this looks like a well aged or just dirty patina? I don’t have much experience in this subject, so would be grateful for your opinions!:smile: pictures are taken on purpose in the shade, at the window and in tungsten light

Attachments

• 12F2572E-B9FF-4D1A-80D3-996FD695FC14.jpeg
    12F2572E-B9FF-4D1A-80D3-996FD695FC14.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 90AF4A4E-4E95-4121-9292-2434AA426281.jpeg
    90AF4A4E-4E95-4121-9292-2434AA426281.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 4FF4C97A-FCC8-444E-B147-44B038116F9E.jpeg
    4FF4C97A-FCC8-444E-B147-44B038116F9E.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 182
I think it looks fine and it matches your boots. It's a free bag. Where you going to return or sell it? Perhaps you can get it cleaned, however I like the look of the darker patina and it appears to be an even colour over the bag. Enjoy it. Lucky you were gifted a nice bag.

Some of the treated leather is darkened down to that tone on some of the bags coming out right now.

I prefer to have the vachetta age with me but if your question is if the leather looks dirty, it actually looks good to me.

I have seen preloved on fashionphile where the top of the handle is dark but the rest of the handle is not (that would indicate dirty to me)

It looks like there is natural patina and dirty as well. Normal if a person just uses it as it should be worn. If it were me, I like it if I am the one to make it aged and dirty so I would probably try to clean it. If I still am not comfortable with it I would consider replacing the vachetta and letting the aging process happen all over again. I like seeing that. But it is totally up to you and what you like. No right or wrong.

I think it looks fine and it matches your boots. It's a free bag. Where you going to return or sell it? Perhaps you can get it cleaned, however I like the look of the darker patina and it appears to be an even colour over the bag. Enjoy it. Lucky you were gifted a nice bag.

Some of the treated leather is darkened down to that tone on some of the bags coming out right now.

I prefer to have the vachetta age with me but if your question is if the leather looks dirty, it actually looks good to me.

I have seen preloved on fashionphile where the top of the handle is dark but the rest of the handle is not (that would indicate dirty to me)

It looks like there is natural patina and dirty as well. Normal if a person just uses it as it should be worn. If it were me, I like it if I am the one to make it aged and dirty so I would probably try to clean it. If I still am not comfortable with it I would consider replacing the vachetta and letting the aging process happen all over again. I like seeing that. But it is totally up to you and what you like. No right or wrong.

thank you so much you guys! I actually did clean it with baby wipes and conditioned with cadillac. The bag belonged to my beloved aunt and i just thought if i don’t use it, i will pass it to my niece but i wore it for a day and my goodnes what a comfortable bag it is! I only wasn’t sure if this is how patina ages or does it look dirty. I do have a speedy which is older and the patina is much lighter but i guess i just don’t use it that much.

I personally like the darker patina. Maybe it's because I think vintage bags are so beautiful, and even a newer bag with the darker patina takes on that vintage look. Enjoy, it's a beautiful bag and it once belonged to a loved one, which makes it even more special.

Reactions: Eli23 and OCMomof3