Dark Grey 227 is here, unfortunately a bit disappointed

oatmella

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
My much-anticipated Dark Grey 227 arrived yesterday from Bergdorf Goodman - but unfortunately I'm a bit disappointed. The bag was wrapped up/packaged nicely - but its dustbag seemed pretty well - dusty (lol) and isn't even big enough to hold the entire bag. I thought I've seen pics of lovely white Chanel dustbags that I assume are larger (or not). Did not even think to ask for one. Anyways, I would think the point of a dustbag is to protect the bag - and if it doesn't cover the entire bag that seems a bit pointless.

reissuebag.jpg

The bag itself is a gorgeous color - I do like the dark grey! It is quite dark and has dark blue undertones.

reissue227.jpg

But ... I noticed a small white dot on the bag - at first I thought it was a speck of dust, but turns out it is like a scratch (I think?) and there is no dye on that tiny bit. Am I just being way too picky - or is this part of the distressed leather (though I don't think so)? But I don't feel that great if I paid $4700 for a bag and I feel that there is a 'defect' - though a really tiny one.

reissuespot.jpg

Anyways, I think if I don't feel totally happy with this bag, I need to send it back. Not sure how much it will cost to send it back insured for $4700!

I would call your SA. Once when I bouight a bag from BG it was supposed to be sent from the Warehouse as the only one in store was not perfect, which was the reason I didn't just take it with me. When I received it it was the exact bag I looked at the store. The SA had Fed Ex pick up the next day and I got sent a fresh perfect one. The "defect" might be small, but if it bothers you why should you pay out that much $$$$?

As far as the dustbags most of my Jumbo's & 227's have dustbags that don't quite cover the end. This is normal. As far as the White dustbags, BG may not have gotten the new ones from Chanel. Plus Department stores tend to mix boxes, etc. up all the time.

The new white dustbags are only for the classic flaps, if I understand correctly. I also think they are new and this one is an Autumn 11 bag, so it wouldn't have the white dustbag.

I'm sorry you're disppointed with it. If you call your SA, they should be able to send you a new one or give you a refund if they don't have anything else in stock.

Wondering if anyone knows BG return policy btw - I've heard 30 days but I've also heard 'unlimited' days. Thanks :smile:

My understanding is BG has the same return policy as NM. Btw, if you don't want to ship the bag back to BG (in case you have to pay for the shipping fee) you may take your bag to Customer Service at your local NM Store for return. They will complete the paperwork and send your bag back to BG on your behalf. Once BG receives it they will process your refund. I had done this before. :cool:

The dust bag is indeed quite 'dusty'...hmm, yes the little 'white spot' is quite noticeable. i would definitely return it, especially when u paid so much for a bag, u want it to be perfect and without any defects.

Daphs said:
The new white dustbags are only for the classic flaps, if I understand correctly. I also think they are new and this one is an Autumn 11 bag, so it wouldn't have the white dustbag.

I'm sorry you're disppointed with it. If you call your SA, they should be able to send you a new one or give you a refund if they don't have anything else in stock.

I bought this same bag, dark grey 227, and it came in a black dust bag but the new white one was in the box, along with the new care booklet and pamphlet, so it does apply to 11A. My bag came from NM factory. I will admit that at first I thought it didn't fit the 227, but it does.

I recently got the Dark Grey 226 reissue as well and it came in he new white dust bag with the new box as well. Strange how you got the old packaging..

I think if you're unhappy with it, should return it. So there won't be any regrets later on.

I bought this same bag, dark grey 227, and it came in a black dust bag but the new white one was in the box, along with the new care booklet and pamphlet, so it does apply to 11A. My bag came from NM factory. I will admit that at first I thought it didn't fit the 227, but it does.

I did ask for a new bag that had not been displayed - did not even think to ask for the new white dust bag. I am wondering if all bags are supposed to come with a new care booklet and pamphlet - I did not receive those either.

What's the code for the 227 in dark grey?

I wish I could tell you, but I have no idea! My bag came in a plain Chanel box, no color/style code on the side.

I have five chanel handbags...all classics and the dustbags all fit the bags and I have, plus there is plenty of room left over. I think then the dustbag is not the right one for the bag. I've always gotten my bags brand new in the box. In fact, they have always just come in. Never a problem with the dustbag, so to me that's strange and I've been buying Chanel bags for several years now. Call and get a brand new bag as well as a dustbag that covers the bag. For $4700 your bag and dustbag should be new and perfect.

I did ask for a new bag that had not been displayed - did not even think to ask for the new white dust bag. I am wondering if all bags are supposed to come with a new care booklet and pamphlet - I did not receive those either.

I wish I could tell you, but I have no idea! My bag came in a plain Chanel box, no color/style code on the side.

That is strange. Mine came directly from NM warehouse. The new dust bag and booklets were under the bag in another section of the white box it came in. Bag itself was in a black dustbag.

Last edited: