Daria vs Mitzy HOBO bags. Difference?

berrylover

Jan 24, 2013
I am confused about the difference between the Daria and Mitzy hobo bags? Do they come in different sizes? What is the difference in their styles? Which is more popular? Thank you for any clarification.:smile:

I have both - just different colours.. They are quite similar!! Depends on your preference. Daria has the big gold plate on the front - I both love and hate it ;0)

Mitzy Hobo is more toned down I think but my colour (butter) makes it a special bag. I think they contain the same amount of womens stuff, maybe Mitzy is a fraction bigger, it's not rounded at the top and the handles are different.

Mitzy has a smaller sister called Mitzy messenger (came with handle) or Mitzy medium (came with long strap).. Same size just different season. Darias smaller sister is called Daria medium.

If I should choose today .... Hmmm wouldnt know wether to choose Daria or Mitzy Hobo (black)..

Last edited:
Daria- large hobo, medium hobo & satchel (can be used as shoulder too)

Mitzy- large hobo, medium hobo, messenger ( strap can be doubled up too) & east west Mitzy ( short & long strap.

Never had any myself so can't advise on practicality of sizes/styles. From what I've heard the large us cavernous but think the satchel & messenger is versatile/practical due to flexibility of straps

I have both - just different colours.. They are quite similar!! Depends on your preference. Daria has the big gold plate on the front - I both love and hate it ;0)

Mitzy Hobo is more toned down I think but my colour (butter) makes it a special bag. I think they contain the same amount of womens stuff, maybe Mitzy is a fraction bigger, it's not rounded at the top and the handles are different.

Mitzy has a smaller sister called Mitzy messenger (came with handle) or Mitzy medium (came with long strap).. Same size just different season. Darias smaller sister is called Daria medium.

If I should choose today .... Hmmm wouldnt know wether to choose Daria or Mitzy Hobo (black)..
Thank you so much for the details. Much appreciated. I am leaning towards Mitzy, more toned down.

Mitzy- large hobo, medium hobo, messenger ( strap can be doubled up too) & east west Mitzy ( short & long strap.

Never had any myself so can't advise on practicality of sizes/styles. From what I've heard the large us cavernous but think the satchel & messenger is versatile/practical due to flexibility of straps
Thank you so much for the size breakdown. I thought I have seen some really big hobos which is a bit funny looking in the huge large size.

berrylover said:
Thank you so much for the details. Much appreciated. I am leaning towards Mitzy, more toned down.

Have you considered mitzy east west as it comes with handle and strap, really great shape/size. I love brass trad plaque rather than more blingy daria.

Just my twopenneth hun xx

I have the mitzy messenger and have used it every day since I bought it in December, it's still looking as good as new and is an ideal size for an every day bag but still looks glam...the leather is bomb proof and I can wear it without the worry of scratching, water marks or colour transfer...I have the black one it was 325 from the York outlet...IMO it was worth every penny ! Hth xx

I have the mitzy messenger and have used it every day since I bought it in December, it's still looking as good as new and is an ideal size for an every day bag but still looks glam...the leather is bomb proof and I can wear it without the worry of scratching, water marks or colour transfer...I have the black one it was 325 from the York outlet...IMO it was worth every penny ! Hth xx

I could have written this myself! (except I bought mine from Bicester). It's a fuss-free worry-free bag. I don't have a Daria to compare, but to me the Mitzy leather seems stronger.

I was sure i wanted the medium daria hobo but you ladies have given me pause for thought!! my only question before i make a decision is does the mitzy have a zip top?

No it doesn't, unfortunately, although it does sit quite snug to the body and doesn't gape too widely (the medium that is, east-west is wider).
My solution was to buy a non-metal zip from local habadashery & hand stitch it to the cotton just below the leather lip!

Thank you so much for info. I rt Po love Roxanne in oak but it is a heavy bag. My mate has one.