Dare I say it...

I love many of the new styles. But I also agree I am a bit more aware of what I am spending now than what I used to. I find myself looking for items on sale or promotion. I also am questioning how much use i will get out if it and if i will really use it.... (my mom would be proud). I just don't want to buy a bag, use it for a little and lose interest or need for it.

Currently I keep going back and forth with a MBMJ satchel in the violet, leather seems to be peeling in other models. It was only $198, but do I want a bag that may not last....

If this was a couple years ago I'd prob not even question it. =)

Last edited:
I completely agree with you smooches.

I think I'm at my low point for wanting MJ bags at the moment. I think one part of me is wanting to save money, but another part of me is just wanting a new Miu Miu bag instead :P

I have to say though, for those who are interested in buying MJs, there are quite a few deals to be had on eBay. This would have been a great opportunity to snatch up some bags for cheap, but for some reason, nothing is really calling to me. I must be the only one, but I am not very fond of the "Petal to the Metal" bags this season. It seems like I've reached my bag saturation point for now (and I only have several bags, mind you!).

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Spring shows in September, hopefully it'll bring the MJ addict back out in me again!

i would say 2009 has been my favorite line since 2005 & boy if i could afford some of the memphis bags or punker bags of fall, i'd scoop so many up! i tend to have a weird sense of style though so i am REALLY just drooling and reveling in everything he has come up with. it's just genius IMHO...but like others said, it definitely isn't for everyone...so maybe it's a good time to stock up on vintage and classics. the economy is down and the prices for classic MJ on ebay is insanely low.

I've slowed down on handbag purchases in 2009. I have too many bags as it is, and I don't even wear some that much. I have 3 MJ bags that I've only worn once and 1 that I've never worn at all. I'm not that crazy about any of the fall MJ bags, and I wasn't feeling the Memphis line. I do want a light colored Stam (cream or yellow) and something from the MBMJ line.

My handbag obsession comes and goes, I was pretty obsessed in 07 and 08, but in 09 it's waned. I'm currently obsessed with boleros and scarves. Although I do have my eye on 2 FENDI bags for fall, but I will gift 2 to family. My Sister and Niece love bags and they appreciate and wear the ones I give them. :tup: I may give my Sister my Kirsten Bowler and niece my MBMJ Turnlock.

p.s. I've noticed in this poor economy more people scrutinizing and/or taking notice of my designer bags in the last few months.

i would say 2009 has been my favorite line since 2005 & boy if i could afford some of the memphis bags or punker bags of fall, i'd scoop so many up! i tend to have a weird sense of style though so i am REALLY just drooling and reveling in everything he has come up with. it's just genius IMHO...but like others said, it definitely isn't for everyone...so maybe it's a good time to stock up on vintage and classics. the economy is down and the prices for classic MJ on ebay is insanely low.

I love the Memphis bags too! Man, there was no way I could afford their price tag though, even at 50% off they were still really expensive. My favorites are the classic pushlock bags I really need to find a berry type color Venetia on ebay. I'm scared though, never purchased a bag on ebay before.

I'm not SO impressed with the new collection. I love his classic bags the most..blakes (not loving the new pockets), stams, etc. But the stardust line is lovely...I can appreciate his artistic talent with his memphis line, etc, but I'm more into classic looking bags..