Dandruff after keratin treatment - help!

I've had a keratin treatment (coppola) 4 times, and the last two times I've had issues with dandruff following the treatment. I finally broke down and used Head and Shoulders, which almost cleared it up entirely. Check with your hairdresser about that though...I don't think it made any difference with my Keratin results, but you never know

I've had my second keratin treatment (also coppola) a month ago and I'm getting similar scaling problems on my scalp. The hair therapist didn't disclose this early on so I'm getting anxious. Its not red or itchy and I've never had it before that's why I'm pretty sure its not dandruff. It's great I got to see some home remedies for this annoying problem.

I'd like to ask those who've had multiple keratin treatments if the scaling got worse or did it improve afterwards?

Thank you so much for posting this. I had the Brazilian blowout done a few weeks ago, and I've had really bad dandruff this last week - huge obvious flakes everywhere (and I never get dandruff). I've looked everywhere and couldn't figure out why this was happening. Because of this wonderful thread, I bought some coconut oil and have massaged my head a few times and it's clearing up. PHEW. I don't think I'll get the BB again, too gross.

So I had the brazilian keratin treatment done about two weeks ago. The results are amazing and my hair looks very healthy and shiny so I'm happy. However, just this week, I've developed a serious case of dry scalp. I've talked to a few girls who've had the treatment done and they all say they experienced the same thing, to just wait it out for about two weeks. The problem is, I hate dealing with the flakes! It's really embarrasing. Has this happened to anyone here? If so, any suggestions on what to do about it?

I'm thinking of putting some extra virgin coconut oil on my scalp tonight to help moisturize it. I don't think it'll strip the treatment since it doesn't have any chemicals, any thoughts?

TIA.

The same happens to me and I want to ask how many times did u have to apply oil on your scalp before it got better?