~ Dancing With The Stars - Season 9 Starts Sept 21st ~

Jun 14, 2006
I am not thrilled about Kelly Osbourne :throwup: Or Aaron Carter :yucky:

New Dancing Stars Revealed!

August 17, 2009
kelly-osbourne-320.jpg

It’s going to be a crowded ballroom for Dancing with the Stars’ ninth season. Sixteen celebrities — including Donny Osmond, Melissa Joan Hart and Aaron Carter — have signed on to do the cha cha and the paso doble on the ABC show, which premieres Monday, Sept. 21.

“When we increase the cast we find it makes the competition more interesting,” DWTS executive producer Conrad Green tells PEOPLE. “It was about trying to make it as big as possible and try to get that sense of fun and excitement and real character come through on the show.”

The sweet 16 lineup, which was announced live on Good Morning America Monday, also includes familiar faces like former Dallas Cowboy Michael Irvin, reality star Kelly Osbourne and supermodel-turned-billionaire businesswoman Kathy Ireland. Lesser-known celebrities, like snowboarder Louie Vito, Iron Chef’s Mark Dacascos and model Joanna Krupa join the cast as well. But by far the most eyebrow-raising contestant is former House of Representatives Majority Leader Tom DeLay.
“He’s a fairly divisive figure in as much as ********s will probably be hoping he fails and **********s will probably be melting down the phones to keep him in,” Green admits. “I love that kind of level of engagement.” Adds Green: “Tom loves dancing. He dances with his wife. He watches Dancing with the Stars religiously. For him it was a no brainer, but for us it was an absolute shock.”

Professional dancer/celebrity pairings will be announced on August 24, Green says, “because of geography, people will be meeting their partners for the first time at various times throughout the week.”

The complete cast for Dancing Season Nine

Mya, singer
Melissa Joan Hart, actress
Michael Irvin, former Dallas Cowboy
Ashley Hamilton, actor, comedian, singer-songwriter
Aaron Carter, singer
Kathy Ireland, former supermodel-turned-businesswoman
Debi Mazar, actress
Natalie Coughlin, U.S. Olympic swimmer
Louie Vito, snowboarder
Chuck Liddell, ultimate fighting champ
Donny Osmond, singer
Tom DeLay, former ********** congressman
Macy Gray, singer
Joanna Krupa, model and actress
Mark Dacascos, Iron Chef personality
Kelly Osbourne, reality star

Last edited:
I was pretty disappointed with this cast. :sad: I am actually sort of excited about Kelly, but I just like hearing her say the word "dance" with her accent. It sounds so pretty! :lol: I grew up watching Melissa Joan Hart, so I could stand behind her too. Other than that, no one thrilling.

:tumbleweed:

The complete cast for Dancing Season Nine

Mya, singer
Melissa Joan Hart, actress
Michael Irvin, former Dallas Cowboy
Ashley Hamilton, actor, comedian, singer-songwriter
Aaron Carter, singer
Kathy Ireland, former supermodel-turned-businesswoman
Debi Mazar, actress
Natalie Coughlin, U.S. Olympic swimmer
Louie Vito, snowboarder
Chuck Liddell, ultimate fighting champ
Donny Osmond, singer
Tom DeLay, former ********** congressman
Macy Gray, singer
Joanna Krupa, model and actress
Mark Dacascos, Iron Chef personality
Kelly Osbourne, reality star

I'm not too thrilled with this cast either. We already dealt with Marie and now we have to deal with Donnie :weird::wacko: I'm sorry but obviously I'm not his biggest fan. Not too sure if I'll watch too much of it this time and I'm a big DWTS fan.