Dancing with the Stars season 8

I just read that The Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft will join "Dancing With the Stars" for the ABC show's Monday premiere. Now I don't watch the Bachelor and I know Dancing With the Stars doesn't feature huge movie and TV stars, but can you by any stretch call a young woman who spent a season competing for the attention of a bachelor on a reality show a "star"?
I guess maybe if you watch The Bachelor you'd feel differently?

I also don't consider someone like Kim Kardashian who is famous for being famous a star and she was on there. But at least she is well-known by name.

I'm excited that she's going to be on because I really like her, but I don't think she's a celebrity really.

But she has been on two reality shows now (the DCC one and Bachelor), so maybe she could be considered a reality celeb.

OK so here we go again. DWTS starts 2nite!!!:yahoo::yahoo:
I don't know what it is but I love this show and I just can't help but smile watching all these celebrities dance!! It's one of the few shows that does that. I'll be sitting there by myself watching it, and each & every dance brings a smile to my face!!

So who are early favorites?
Mine is Shawn Johnson!! As a former competitive gymnast, of course she's my girl!! Plus she's so cute & tiny AND paired with Mark Balas!!! GO SHAWN!!

I was so disappointed that Nancy O'Dell had to drop out before it even began :sad: She was my second favorites. I had been following her stories on Access Hollywood and I know she was so excited (and she was paired with Tony, who always brings out the "lady"!!)

So do you guys think the rumors are true and that Holly Madison from Girls Next Door and "rejected Bachelor contestant", Melissa will be the replacements? I think it would be kinda lame if they used Melissa on DWTS -- she's not a STAR or a celebrity!! She's had her 15 minutes of fame. It's time to move one!! They need to put a REAL Celebrity on there, not a Bachelor send-off. (sorry for all you Melissa fans, but I just don't think she's a "star")

Last edited:
^Yeah I think so did you see in some of her pics her leg is above her head LOL! I was like dang. And I read where Melissa studied Ballet so maybe they put her on cause of her experience and she can pick it up easy.

I wonder what happened to Donny Osmond? I had heard that he was going to be doing this show?
I forgot about that.

But I'm glad he isn't. Can't take another Osmond ego or more Osmond family gatherings in the crowd.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder! I'll watch the first show to see if there is anyone I like.