Dance Moms

Okay, I'm watching back episodes of the show and I'm on the one where Jill got Abby and Gianna massages.

. . . That's a bit much.

MAYBE I can see buying a gift for the (long-time) dance teacher around Christmas or their birthday, but even then, the gift would be like a Starbucks gift card or something.

(I saw The Nutcracker last year, and I got my dance teacher a little wooden nutcracker from the show.)

Anything bigger than that and it comes across as a bribe.

awwwww bummer!

just watched the most recent miami episode tonight. i just do not like it as much. everything seems much more scripted. i know the girls are told what to say in their interviews, or at least rehearse what they're going to say... but abby's girls seem more natural. you can tell the miami girls are reading lines.

and this is going to sound horrible but how did hannah(?) get 4th place in that comp. her dance was terrible. it looked really awkward. i didn't watch the others.

I just caught the first episode and while it's not my favorite, it's not terrible, either.

Seriously, how many times does Jessi's mother have to say "It breaks my heart"? She must have said it about three times in the first episode!

Someone should really turn that into a drinking game.

And her tears . . . okay, I know they're genuine, but they somehow come across as manipulative somehow. (I recognize it because my mother does the exact same thing.)

After watching more episodes of Dance Moms Miami, I've decided that all the moms are crazy (save for Kimmy's mom).

I watch it for the teachers and the kids.

And I'm really not knocking Justice from the first Dance Moms, but if you compare him to Lucas from Miami, Lucas has a lot more technique.

Justice may be an amazing dancer but you wouldn't know it because all he does is flips and turns. And that's whoever Cathy uses to choreograph the routine's fault.