Damn you, Balenciaga! (new sahara SGH part-time)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Damn you, Balenciaga. First you come out with giant hardware that I hate, then you charge $400 more for it.

Guess what? It grew on me.

I sold 4 bbags on ebay. I have done the candy color Bal bags, and I was trying to be a more practical bbag buyer. I originally was going to buy a neutral Prada or Miu Miu for spring/summer, but my first love :heart: Balenciaga kept pulling me back. I saw all the ladies' gorgeous sahara bags here, and I HAD to have it.

Bought from the wonderful Kim at Bal NY, it's a smooshy, wonderful bag. Nothing like the stiff, plasticky bouton d'or GGH work we saw last weekend. Thanks much to armcandyaddict :love:, who posted her sahara SGH part time. It's so hard to capture this color. It's a beige, but more like a green beige instead of a pink beige (like some pics I've seen). But it's not green, if that makes any sense.

I know some ladies don't like the weight, but it doesn't bother me. I always carry bags in the crook of my arm.

I'm posting lots of pics since there were only 3, I think, of the sahara part time from armcandyaddict. I love love LOVE this neutral.

Hope you love her just as much as I do. I am thrilled! :yahoo::happydance:

2. Can't wait to see the pics! the sahara is absolutely GORGY !!!

3. Congrats!!!

4. Sorry, ladies, I'm having trouble posting pics. I will try again soon.

5. Hopefully they show up this time. My attachments were too big before. Oh, we went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant tonight, and the first person I came into contact with in public (the waitress) complimented my bag! Then my husband saw a friend of his at the restaurant, and both his wife and daughter were eyeing my bag. It's attention-getting, that's for sure, in a subtle way. Oh, and my husband's friend's wife had a fake Chanel cambon reporter that she set on the floor of the restaurant. :yucky:

On the close-up pics, you can see where the edge glue shows the leather as kind of green-looking? That's what I mean about the leather having a slight green tinge.

Attached Files:

6. Congrats! What a gorgeous neutral. Looks great with the SGH too.

7. Really nice bag...I have been looking at that particular color-the Sahara...like it...and giant hardware---LOVE IT!!!

8. Oh wow, that is a relly nice bag! Great color! Fantastic with the SGH :yes:

9. Here's more. Oh, I had a nightmare last night before the bag was delivered that it was all dirty! I've had SO many Bal dreams (and nightmares!) in my life.

Attached Files:

10. CONGRATS!!! The colour Sahara is GORGEOUS on you!!! I never thought I would like Sahara till I see lots of pictures here. I got myself an SGH Day & I am loving it more everyday.

I've always worn blacks & neutrals with Sahara, you made it lovely with colours. I am going to try that someday too. Love this picture!!!

[​IMG]

11. Great choice!

12. I don't mean to be obnoxious with pictures, but I LOVE my bag so much that I want to show it off! Here's more pics with flash.

Oh, and many thanks to Quilter who suggested using painter's blue tape over the hardware before I sprayed her with Apple Garde. I want to protect her since she's a light color.

Attached Files:

13. Lizz you are wearing the PT very well, and I understand what you mean by "bal dreams" cause that is exactly what I have also, we are addicted.

14. Very nice! congrats!

15. I love that color!!! And looks great with the oversized silver hardware - hope you have lots of fun continuing showing it off!