Damn you, Balenciaga! (new sahara SGH part-time)

lizz

O.G.
Oct 26, 2006
Damn you, Balenciaga. First you come out with giant hardware that I hate, then you charge $400 more for it.

Guess what? It grew on me.

I sold 4 bbags on ebay. I have done the candy color Bal bags, and I was trying to be a more practical bbag buyer. I originally was going to buy a neutral Prada or Miu Miu for spring/summer, but my first love :heart: Balenciaga kept pulling me back. I saw all the ladies' gorgeous sahara bags here, and I HAD to have it.

Bought from the wonderful Kim at Bal NY, it's a smooshy, wonderful bag. Nothing like the stiff, plasticky bouton d'or GGH work we saw last weekend. Thanks much to armcandyaddict :love:, who posted her sahara SGH part time. It's so hard to capture this color. It's a beige, but more like a green beige instead of a pink beige (like some pics I've seen). But it's not green, if that makes any sense.

I know some ladies don't like the weight, but it doesn't bother me. I always carry bags in the crook of my arm.

I'm posting lots of pics since there were only 3, I think, of the sahara part time from armcandyaddict. I love love LOVE this neutral.

Hope you love her just as much as I do. I am thrilled! :yahoo::happydance:

Hopefully they show up this time. My attachments were too big before. Oh, we went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant tonight, and the first person I came into contact with in public (the waitress) complimented my bag! Then my husband saw a friend of his at the restaurant, and both his wife and daughter were eyeing my bag. It's attention-getting, that's for sure, in a subtle way. Oh, and my husband's friend's wife had a fake Chanel cambon reporter that she set on the floor of the restaurant. :yucky:

On the close-up pics, you can see where the edge glue shows the leather as kind of green-looking? That's what I mean about the leather having a slight green tinge.

Attachments

• tpf1.JPG
    tpf1.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 529
  • tpf2.JPG
    tpf2.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 414
  • tpf3.JPG
    tpf3.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 412
  • tpf4.JPG
    tpf4.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 336
  • tpf5.JPG
    tpf5.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 350
Here's more. Oh, I had a nightmare last night before the bag was delivered that it was all dirty! I've had SO many Bal dreams (and nightmares!) in my life.

Attachments

• tpf10.JPG
    tpf10.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 242
  • tpf9.JPG
    tpf9.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 450
  • tpf8.JPG
    tpf8.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 440
  • tpf7.JPG
    tpf7.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 491
  • tpf6.JPG
    tpf6.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 278
CONGRATS!!! The colour Sahara is GORGEOUS on you!!! I never thought I would like Sahara till I see lots of pictures here. I got myself an SGH Day & I am loving it more everyday.

I've always worn blacks & neutrals with Sahara, you made it lovely with colours. I am going to try that someday too. Love this picture!!!

attachment.php

I don't mean to be obnoxious with pictures, but I LOVE my bag so much that I want to show it off! Here's more pics with flash.

Oh, and many thanks to Quilter who suggested using painter's blue tape over the hardware before I sprayed her with Apple Garde. I want to protect her since she's a light color.

Attachments

• tpf11.JPG
    tpf11.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 249
  • tpf12.JPG
    tpf12.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,022
  • tpf13.JPG
    tpf13.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 257
  • tpf14.JPG
    tpf14.JPG