damier speedy vs monogram speedy

I happen to LVOE the Damier Speedy! I have the 30 in Ebene and Azur, 'cause I love it so much. I know the mono is the traditional, standard LV, but I think the Damier is actually prettier. (And this from a girl who is currently loving her Tivoli GM, a Mono bag.) The browns in the Damier are actually richer and more chocolatey. I think the Damier Speedy is both handsome and lovely, suitable for dressing up or down. The 30 holds my daily stuff with room to spare: Zippy Organizer, eyeglasses case, sunglasses case, gum, pen, cosmetics pouch, pochette for credit cards and receipts, iphone, etc. Now, tell me this is not gorgeous!

IMG_3615.jpg

^^ Yes - it is gorgeous!
I would post my 25, but my computer is currently not cooperating. :confused1:
songofthesea - I just read your original post in the speedy opinions thread that you are a teacher, soccer mom, and not particularly delicate with your bags. Neither am I.
I think that's why I like the Damier. I carried the Mono Speedy 25 a few times (weekends only - my work environment is not the cleanest) and felt like I had to be a little bit more careful.
With the Damier, it goes to work with me, grocery shopping, I even feel like I can put it on the floor mat of the car by my feet without harm coming to it.
Oh, and I wasn't sure I could get used to the handbag as opposed to having a shoulder strap, but it hasn't really bothered me. The adjustment has been quick.
I agree with what BagLadie had to say in the "Speedy Opinions" thread, too.
Sorry, if it sounds a bit like I'm trying to sell it to you. :shame: I just think it's a great material.

i don't feel like you guys are trying to sell me at all!!! i used to have a pretty extensive lv collection...all mono sig...a camera bag, speedy, petite noe and i forget what else (forgive me, i'm 50 and forget a LOT!)...i sold off my collection years ago at a consignment store (in a moment of stupidity)...and i love the quality of lv AND i love a satchel..i think i'm just a little "tired" (not trying to offend anyone because i love the lv mono sig) of the mono sig for myself and wasn't sure what to branch out to...so, i've never owned a damier and the speedy 25 looks sufficient enough for what i need...i guess i'm looking for reassurance and support (how wacky is THAT?!) thank you all in advance!

I can't choose! I love the look of a dark patina on a monogram Speedy-- but I love the chicness of Damier.

I own a mono 25 (which is PLENTY big, and I'm 5'5") and a Damier 30.

ETA: And I think the Damier 25 is ESPECIALLY cute. after reading your posts, maybe you should get that one! I just got the Azur in a 25 and it is sooooo cute!!

I vote for the damier speedy 25, but that's because I also want one for myself! :P I have a lot of monogram in my LV collection and would like to add some diversity to it....and I think the damier is just gorgeous!

Hmmm, I love both ... but it sounds like you like the Damier more because it doesn't scream LV, so I'd go with that. It's carefree, worryfree go anywhere bag! You can start with that and possibly get the Mono or Azur later!

I own the speedy 25 in mono, damier ebene, damier azur, and epi black. It sounds like the 25 is a great size for what you carry. If you want to have plenty of extra room for carrying things that Moms do so often , you may want to check out the 30 size too, try them both on. I think my favorite is the ebene damier because it is gorgeous and worry-free as far as no vachetta and darker colors so one does not have to be concerned with getting it dirty. If you only carry your own belongings (the kids carry thieri own backpacks or whatever) then get the size 25, but if you find that you are carrying others' belongings in addition to your own then you may want to check the 30 out. Good Luck, let us know what you decide.

i vote damier speedy in 30, not bc i just got one (wink, wink) but because IRL the damier stood out a lot more. the mono print seemed dull IMO but it is the classic. when comparing the 25 to the 30 the 25 was very "cute" maybe too "cute". if you love big bags go with the 30. let us know your decision!

I'd personally get the Mono Speedy.

However, since you mention you are getting a little tired of the Mono Canvas then go for something totally different and get the Damier Speedy or Azur Speedy.

I love Damier speedy, tho I am not that into Damier bags. Both Damier wallets and its Speedy look classy to me. And best of all, no worries about Vachetta, unlike the Mono Tikal I have that gave me so much worries!

I have two speedies (Mono 25 and Mono 30) and bought the Damier 25 (which I gave to my daughter because it seemed small to me). My next bag is going to be the Damier 30. It's a gorgeous bag. It took a while for Damier to grow on me too and I love it now. I just got the Damier Alma and just really like the pattern now. I want a speedy and a Damier wallet.

You can't go wrong with either Mono or Damier. I would pick the 30 in either pattern though. It's a fun choice!