Damier Speedy or Monogram Speedy? Please help me with my decision!

Which speedy should I choose?

• Damier Ebene Speedy 35

• Monogram Speedy 35

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nov 30, 2010
Hi everyone. I hope all of you are having a lovely holiday.

As you all may know, I had a recent reveal where I was unsure about my purchase of the mongram speedy 35. I've decided to exchange the item for the wallet I want instead, since the wallet is more limited.

I also decided to take the Speedy 35 back because I'm unsure about which one to get. I'm torn....I love the look of the classic speedy, but I love the low maintenance of the damier. So which one should I get?

This would be a purchase that would serve as a good durable weekend bag or a carry on.

This is my collection so far:

Damier Ebene Evora MM
Monogram Neverfull GM
Watercolor Speedy 30
Vernis Amarante Alma PM
Vernis Pomme Rodeo Drive

Thanks! :P

Gyioia

May 23, 2011
i believe it looks better in more combinations than ebene and i just love it more.

gabz

O.G.
Jun 20, 2007
Canada Eh!
i'll say mono. i have both but i think mono is a bit more classic and unless u live in a v wet area u can wear it a lot

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
Damier...since you already have the watercolor speedy. I know it's not really the same as mono speedy, but well...it's similar print :smile: Damier is really quite easy to care for and classy! Great iconic addition to your collection.

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
Aug 4, 2011
The Netherlands
Ebene. I'm really careful with my Speedy, but the vachetta remains a problem. That's the reason that I'm planning to buy an Ebene Speedy.

So definitely an Ebene. :smile:

jesscat

SF-HK-NYC-LA-SEA
O.G.
Jul 6, 2008
Seattle
I have the monogram speedy 30 - given to me by my grandmother, and I'd say it's super durable! Obviously when I got it there was already a really dark patina, so I actually use it for my rainy day bag. haha I love it the classic look tho, so don't let a fear of the vachetta throw you off!! HTH

mrs.JC

LV and Let LV
O.G.
Jun 18, 2010
Midwest (formerly Honolulu)
As much as I adore the classic monogram speedy, I hate the look of vachetta once it's tanned past a certain point. Plus I don't want to baby my bag. For this reason I sold both my Azur and Mono speedys and bought an Ebene speedy. I figured a bag this expensive should look good forever.

With that said however I do find the mono more beautiful; it's just the Ebene looks beautiful forever. :smile:

Shasta

Ms. GoLightly
O.G.
Aug 16, 2006
I adore both, but I absolutely love my mono speedy 35 because it is so classic.

Aug 18, 2010
the mono speedy 35 has a special place in my heart since it was my first lv and is the one i always come back to wearing :biggrin: