Damier riberia or alma?

LABAG

O.G.
Jan 23, 2006
Is the riberia too big and wide? I luv handheld and like the structure-or is the alma better size? I am going to use with everything-casual and dressy.HELP!

eyelove

night sky
Feb 23, 2006
It depends on how much you want to carry in your bag (if you intend to use this bag for "everything"). Here are the dimensions of the ribera MM: it is approximately 13.5x8x7.5". The size should help give you a better idea on what suits your everyday needs.

jasanna143

I need more cowbell, baby
Dec 15, 2005
AZ
Depends on how much you carry. I bought a Ribera MM and returned it for a Manhattan PM b/c it was so friggin' huuuuge! I felt like I was on my way to the airport every time I carried it but maybe it's b/c I was so petite and it seemed to overwhelm me. I think it also depends on your frame. I like the Alma but yes, it is dressier. If you don't mind big bags, then go for the Ribera. I just love the shape but couldn't pull it off.

LABAG

O.G.
Jan 23, 2006
I am 5'5 and do like big bags-I have an epi,black speedy 30 that I adore, I don't rotate my bags, but do want the damier to wear everyday with my mostly jeans attire as I am a chemist and dress in lab coat daily. I'm really ALMOST SOLD ON THE RIBERIA , PLEASE MORE COMMENTS!

LVgirly

Mar 15, 2006
Canada
I looove the Ribera Mini but if it is a choice between Ribera MM and Alma, I would say go for the Alma b/c it is less bulky. The top of the alma is quite flat and gradually gets bigger...whereas the Ribera is one overall large piece if you know what I mean. The good thing about the Ribera is that you don't see it often though. The resale is not as good as an Alma b/c the Alma is in higher demand from what I have noticed on eBay.

abaglover

Feb 5, 2006
Ribera. Don't like the Damier Alma although I'm a big Damier fan. I have and love the Epi Alma, though.