Damier Palermo PM or Mono Palermo GM

Aug 5, 2008
I have a dilema and just wondering if you ladies can help me to decide which one to get for my valentines gift from DH....

I went to try on Mono Palermo GM yesterday and I really like the size of the bag since I will use it in future as a diaper bag.... But, I'm worried that the vachetta will get dirty in no time... The store was sold out on PM so I didn't have a chance to try it.... The strap on GM is perfect length on me (I'm 5'6)

And today, my colleague has called another store and they can get a damier ebene palermo PM for me (last one in the country!)... But, I don't know if the size will be too small for a diaper bag, and plus, I don't know if I can wear it as a messenger style....

Please help me to make a decision~ TIA!

I didn't even know they had the Palermo in Damier! I'd get that, if you have the chance to get the last one, but it might not be practical, since it seems like you want a larger size... If not, Mono is really pretty, and you already like the size. There isn't too much vachetta on it, so you don't really need to worry too much.

The thing is, I have never seen a PM IRL so I have no idea how much smaller it is compare to GM....

And according to the store manager that my colleague talked to, I must call her today if I decide to get Ebene Palermo.. That store is 1 1/2 hour away (driving) from me....

I am leaning more towards GM since I don't have a bag in that size.. the largest bag I own is MC speedy...

I'd go with the GM, then. It would be more practical to you, since you need a larger bag. I'm not sure what the size difference really is, either, but I always think that bigger bags are more functional.

I have the mono gm that I used as a diaper bag, travel bag etc.....I LOVE this bag!!!!! It is so versatile and feminine!!!! It could seriously be used for anything and everything! It is probably my most practical LV!!!! By the way I am 5 3 and about 115 lbs and I think the size is perfect!!!! Good luck!

If the had the Palermo in Damier GM, i would go for that. Otherwise, the Mono seemed a better choice for what you want.
I have seen the PM and in my opinion is seems small for a diaper bag.

I was told that damier palermo is only available in PM right now and if I really want to have it in GM, I will need to do a MTO....

I found a pic in the reference library that had PM and GM side by side and pm does look a bit small....

Two more hours until lunch~

I had no idea you could get the Palermo in damier Ebene, that sounds gorgeous! I do agree that the PM would probably be to small for a diaper bag, I wonder how long it would take to get the ebene GM? Sounds like you were going to pick up your Mono GM at lunch though, hope you were able to get it! It's a gorgeous bag, Enjoy!