Damier Neverfull size?

plusfashion

Jun 30, 2010
Hi all. I'm looking into purchasing my very first LV. I am working as a traveling consultant and need a bag that is large enough to carry a large/heavy laptop, an iPad, and clothes for about 2 days. It will be traveling a lot and will have to withstand quite a bit of weight. While I want it to fit all of this, is the largest size (GM, right?) too big for every day?

Which do you think is the best size? Also, is there anywhere in Pittsburgh I could purchase it?

Thanks!

I'd recommend MM but since you travel a lot and have many things to carry along, I think you should get the GM. check LV website for store location in your area.

I have a damier ebene Neverfull MM. If I were you, I would get the GM. I used the MM for college and it was fine for textbooks and my MacBook. However, when I graduated and started using it for work, it didn't work out too well. My work laptop is bulkier than my MacBook was and while it fit nicely in the MM, it started to rub one of the corners and create a pin-sized hole that, had I not noticed and stopped using it as a work tote, probably would have gotten much larger. So because you are using it for work and have stated you have a larger and bulkier laptop and also want to carry other stuff, I would recommend the GM.

plusfashion said:
Hi all. I'm looking into purchasing my very first LV. I am working as a traveling consultant and need a bag that is large enough to carry a large/heavy laptop, an iPad, and clothes for about 2 days. It will be traveling a lot and will have to withstand quite a bit of weight. While I want it to fit all of this, is the largest size (GM, right?) too big for every day?

Which do you think is the best size? Also, is there anywhere in Pittsburgh I could purchase it?

Thanks!

Maybe look into another style bag. I have Neverfull MM and I carry my iPad in it and the straps are thin so they dig I to my shoulder and I just walk from my job to my car. IMO I would never carry a laptop in a Neverfull for a long days work bc I think the straps will be painful plus the weight may cause them to crack. The GM is large and can fit a lot but idk how it is with heavy objects. Good Luck in your decision!

Maybe look into another style bag. I have Neverfull MM and I carry my iPad in it and the straps are thin so they dig I to my shoulder and I just walk from my job to my car. IMO I would never carry a laptop in a Neverfull for a long days work bc I think the straps will be painful plus the weight may cause them to crack. The GM is large and can fit a lot but idk how it is with heavy objects. Good Luck in your decision!

^ I was thinking the same thing.
With all the stuff you are planning to put in there, it sounds like the bag would get heavy. I just returned the GM as I don't carry alot of stuff but put in a magazine and my Ipad and the bottom sagged alot...Are you near Ross Park Mall? There is am LV there....

What other style would work?

I am 5'10" plus sized too, and I just got the Damier Ebene Neverfull GM. Love it, love it, love it! Did I mention that I love it? I use mine as a general purse and right now have the sides cinched. It looks fab. However, I have folders, tablets, clipboards and other stuff that I will occasionally throw in if I am going to a meeting and want to simplify.....otherwise that stuff has it's own roller case for every day to save my back.

Now.....when I first got my bag, I wanted to see how much it could carry weight wise. I did an experiment where I filled it to the brim with heavy books. I could barely lift it. I hung it from a doorknob and inspected the bag. There was not one sign of strain on the handles, not a whit! That is darn impressive in my book. So there is no doubt in my mind that your items could easily be carried by it.

The only thing about the Neverfull is that the strap drop is not really comfy for us bigger gals for over the shoulder. The GM does have the longest strap drop, but it is still only about 8 inches. I have read of some people stretching it by loading it heavy and hanging it. I have a feeling that the straps will stretch a little with use anyway, but I doubt that I will ever use it consistently over the shoulder. Luckily, my Coach Sophias long ago turned me into a satchel girl, I nearly always carry it in the crook of my elbow. Besides.....I am proud of my bags and that is the best way to show them off :smile:

So, I would highly recommend it for your purposes. When not in use as a tote, it easily transforms into a more refined bag. Let us know what you decide.

plusfashion said:
What other style would work?

If I were you I would definitely try to goto the LV store and try different bags on because only you will know which one will be comfortable for your needs. Since you're going to be carrying a lot of heavy items you may want to look for a bag that can be carried over the shoulder but one that you can attach a cross body strap too!

Hi there. Congrats on going for your first LV- so exciting. I have the Neverful GM. I'm so glad I went to the LV boutique, as I discovered that the MM was too small for my needs.
I agree with the others that you're better off going to a boutique and trying different ones. The straps on the NF are pretty thin, but I think the straps on the Totally are thicker and more durable, which may suit your needs better as you'll be carrying heavy stuff.

Good luck.:smile: