Damier Neverfull MM strap issues resolved?

jellyv

O.G.
Mar 29, 2006
I've read of issues with the Damier leather straps developing cracking. Has this issue been addressed by LV? Are current bags problem free in that regard? Need some feedback before buying. Thanks!

I don't believe there is a way to address the issue. The treated leather and thin straps are basically a recipe for peeling/cracking when the bag is used. But we'll see what others have to say...

When I bought my Neverfull DE last May my SA said that the straps most likely will wear (crack) and that I should have that in consideration when choosing canvas..

So seems like it is still a problem.

When I bought my Neverfull DE last May my SA said that the straps most likely will wear (crack) and that I should have that in consideration when choosing canvas..

So seems like it is still a problem.

Yeah, there really isn't a way to resolve it IMO, unless they made the straps much thicker.

I think it depends also on how loaded down the bag is. My DE NF MM straps did crack but I didn't necessarily baby the bag. I was careful with it like I am with any of my LV bags but it was my everyday bag for probably the first 3 years I had it. It's now almost 8 years old and I just had the straps replaced for $180. I felt it was worth it compared to the cost to purchase one new now. The new handles did seem slightly stiffer so I think they could potentially hold up better than the original handles.

Reactions: j19
The straps on my DE bags have started to peel very slightly, but I have not noticed any cracking yet. (Two of my bags are from 2014). Honestly, I don't think it is bad enough to have repaired just yet. I would not worry so much about it if I were you. Initially, I was worried before I bought my first DE bag but I don't think it's worth the worry now. Bags are meant to be used and enjoyed, and I use my LV bags all the time. Don't let this deter you from getting a bag that you want.

The straps on my DE bags have started to peel very slightly, but I have not noticed any cracking yet. (Two of my bags are from 2014). Honestly, I don't think it is bad enough to have repaired just yet. .

^Can you clarify: Are you talking about a Neverfull? Because that's the bag in particular I'm asking about.
--
Appreciate everyone's responses. Thanks.