Damier Marais

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I've been looking around for a 3rd LV to add to my current collection of the Popincourt Haut:love::love: and Ludlow wallet which Hubby got me for my birthday this year. I absolutely adore my PH as it's a shoulder bag so I have my hands free to carry my 5 month old son, it's roomy enough to use as a diaper bag on quick trips AND fit all my essentials at the same time, the cuteness factor isn't bad either. Anyways I was looking for a bag that fit all of the above and found one I think I like, the Damier Marais. Problem is I haven't seen it on an actual person so I was wondering if any of you had any pics of it on? If not then bag recomendations would be good too. Thanks

2. It is small :sad: . I ordered one for my mom and she returned it and got the Alma in Damier. I tried it on and loved it, but once I put all my things in the bag, there wasn't room for me to get my hand in.... also, didn't like that everything can spill out. My purse is usually co-pilot in the car and when I break quickly, she's on the floor and everything comes out:Push:

I was having a Damier crisis last month and finally decided that if I was going to blow that much $$, I might as well order what I want. So I special ordered the Cabas Mezzo in Damier. I plan to use it as a diaper bag too.... should arrive in Nov/Dec.

3. Thanks for the info! And I was thinking about possibly special ordering a mono bag I liked in damier as I'm having trouble finding one I like but wasn't sure how to go about it. How much is it going to cost you to have it done, if you don't mind me asking?

4. I just got the Marais about two weeks ago and I love it! :love: It is a great size for everyday. And it fits great on the shoulder. I will take pics this weekend and post for you to see. :yes:

5. I believe it costs about 30% more to special order.

6. i was going to buy this today but felt that it was too small for me but then, i really suggest that you go to your nearest LV store and try them all on and pick one that will suit your need best.

7. Thanks! I would go to my nearest LV but it's three hours away in London :crybaby:, hence why I prefer to shop from the official website instead.

8. its to deep and narrow, what about the damier chelsea? i'm definitely a dieheart fan of it since I got it after several no goes like the cabas mezzo, parioli and damier alma..........
    Its a great size and am getting several complements on it.
    I can put in alot and still have room.Give it a try or at leaast check it out at LV
    gOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU GET.....,

9. Here are the pics. Keep in mind that I am five-feet tall and that my four-year old son's bathroom mirror is due for its weekend cleaning! :lol:

1.jpg 2.jpg
  10. I love it! I'm 5'7 though so it might look a tad small on me, the size it is on you is the exact size I was looking for :sad: Pity they don't make them a bit bigger LOL

11. i have a marais too, only thing i didn't like about it is that there is no zipper, just a wide opening. but it is a nice bag, i like it when i buckle it to make the straps shorter thus it is a cute hand carry bag. shazzykins, maybe you can consider a Vavin GM if you want something similar and bigger.

12. I have always loved the Marais in photos from eluxury, but I didn't realize it was that small. Addictedtolv, thanks for posting your pics!

13. You're welcome! :flowers: It is the perfect size for me!

14. I sold my Marais for it was small for me. I hated that it didn't have any zipper or any type of closure on top.

15. Hey ladies. I know this bag has sort of fallen off the radar but I am looking for a shoulder bag in damier and I prefer smaller bags (I have the NF PM and I LOVE IT, wouldn't want anything bigger for a daily bag) and I think the marias may be what I am looking for but can't seem to find ANY pics of this bag on someone. Could someone post a pic if they have one? Or any thoughts about it? Thank you for your help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice