damier EVA strap is longer then Mono EVA strap???

BklynG

•Irene•
O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
I just noticed this while comparing my friends EVA mono to my EVA damier clutch... is this a common knowledge? It's longer by 2" inches! Also, I've noticed that damier EVA had slightly larger depth that's noticeable from the side...Maybe everyone already is aware of that, I couldn't find any info about it, so maybe someone who has both can confirm this?

I need to know because I can still exchange mine & would like a shorter strap, thank you ladies:smile:)

anyone? I just double checked the measurements on LV website they appear to be the same...I've never been puzzled more..hmmmm. I know that both of our EVAs are real as we've both purchased it from LV boutiques. I got mine from Manhasset and she's got hers from Atlantic City. They're both made in USA. Any thoughts?

Can someone please, please, please measure their EVA Ebene's strap? I need to rest assured mine isn't the longest one out there. In my understanding all LV bags of the same models should be identical, except the difference in lines- therefore, I am hoping to get a confirmation that all EVA damier ebene clutches come with slightly longer strap then mono/or not??? Thanks in advance!!

Can someone please, please, please measure their EVA Ebene's strap? I need to rest assured mine isn't the longest one out there. In my understanding all LV bags of the same models should be identical, except the difference in lines- therefore, I am hoping to get a confirmation that all EVA damier ebene clutches come with slightly longer strap then mono/or not??? Thanks in advance!!

My Eva Ebene strap is 46 7/8" without the clips.

Went to boutique, messured other EVA ebene straps they were all (2 of them) different length with .25 difference of each other. Mine was still the longest - they've told me that prob different production batches have different lengths??? I didn't ask to exchange mine at this point because I am already used to it. however I thought future buyers should be aware of a difference and try all ailible options in the store. After all my strap is 1" longer then it could have been, which actually makes a difference. HTH

I just found this thread in a search... I am sad to find out that my mono vachetta strap for my Eva is only 44" long without the clips.. I thought it would be longer like my Ebene one was! I wonder has anyone been able to exchange a strap due to length? So weird. I want a longer one.

That's unusual. It seems everyone else wants a shorter strap...

Lol, I know!? I like the longer length though... I'm not super petite or anything... but I figured out if I clip the strap to the top ring above the other clip, instead of on the bag's ring, it hangs really well. (As shown) Adds a teeny bit of length. I could even go up one chain ring. And then the chain even hangs a bit more symmetrically. It will work until I find another strap anyway. :smile:

evapatina.jpg

Hi, I bought my first LV bag on ebay, a black Alma. I took it to the LV store and it was authentic! But later I bought a strap for it. It's a black smooth leather one, but the leather is not that smooth I think, it's rather stiff, and I am almost beginning to doubt it's real leather. I had the strap checked here at the purseforum before I got it and the ladies believed it to be authentic......

Any of you had any experience with LV straps in smooth leather? Are they stiff?

Happy for all inputs :smile:

Hi, I bought my first LV bag on ebay, a black Alma. I took it to the LV store and it was authentic! But later I bought a strap for it. It's a black smooth leather one, but the leather is not that smooth I think, it's rather stiff, and I am almost beginning to doubt it's real leather. I had the strap checked here at the purseforum before I got it and the ladies believed it to be authentic......

Any of you had any experience with LV straps in smooth leather? Are they stiff?

Happy for all inputs :smile:

I think you are in the wrong thread :smile: but I'm happy to comment! :smile: If the authenticators gave it a thumb's up I'm sure it's fine... I used to have a black epi alma with strap, and the strap is NOT super soft/pliable like the vachetta straps. It is a little stiff. Do you have a link?