damier EVA strap is longer then Mono EVA strap???

BklynG

•Irene•
O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
I just noticed this while comparing my friends EVA mono to my EVA damier clutch... is this a common knowledge? It's longer by 2" inches! Also, I've noticed that damier EVA had slightly larger depth that's noticeable from the side...Maybe everyone already is aware of that, I couldn't find any info about it, so maybe someone who has both can confirm this?

I need to know because I can still exchange mine & would like a shorter strap, thank you ladies:smile:)

BklynG

•Irene•
O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
anyone? I just double checked the measurements on LV website they appear to be the same...I've never been puzzled more..hmmmm. I know that both of our EVAs are real as we've both purchased it from LV boutiques. I got mine from Manhasset and she's got hers from Atlantic City. They're both made in USA. Any thoughts?

BklynG

•Irene•
O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
Can someone please, please, please measure their EVA Ebene's strap? I need to rest assured mine isn't the longest one out there. In my understanding all LV bags of the same models should be identical, except the difference in lines- therefore, I am hoping to get a confirmation that all EVA damier ebene clutches come with slightly longer strap then mono/or not??? Thanks in advance!!

BritChic

O.G.
Sep 4, 2010
Can someone please, please, please measure their EVA Ebene's strap? I need to rest assured mine isn't the longest one out there. In my understanding all LV bags of the same models should be identical, except the difference in lines- therefore, I am hoping to get a confirmation that all EVA damier ebene clutches come with slightly longer strap then mono/or not??? Thanks in advance!!

My Eva Ebene strap is 46 7/8" without the clips.

BklynG

•Irene•
O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
Went to boutique, messured other EVA ebene straps they were all (2 of them) different length with .25 difference of each other. Mine was still the longest - they've told me that prob different production batches have different lengths??? I didn't ask to exchange mine at this point because I am already used to it. however I thought future buyers should be aware of a difference and try all ailible options in the store. After all my strap is 1" longer then it could have been, which actually makes a difference. HTH

lshcat

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
I just found this thread in a search... I am sad to find out that my mono vachetta strap for my Eva is only 44" long without the clips.. I thought it would be longer like my Ebene one was! I wonder has anyone been able to exchange a strap due to length? So weird. I want a longer one.

lshcat

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
That's unusual. It seems everyone else wants a shorter strap...

Lol, I know!? I like the longer length though... I'm not super petite or anything... but I figured out if I clip the strap to the top ring above the other clip, instead of on the bag's ring, it hangs really well. (As shown) Adds a teeny bit of length. I could even go up one chain ring. And then the chain even hangs a bit more symmetrically. It will work until I find another strap anyway. :smile:

evapatina.jpg

Tingeling

O.G.
May 18, 2010
Hi, I bought my first LV bag on ebay, a black Alma. I took it to the LV store and it was authentic! But later I bought a strap for it. It's a black smooth leather one, but the leather is not that smooth I think, it's rather stiff, and I am almost beginning to doubt it's real leather. I had the strap checked here at the purseforum before I got it and the ladies believed it to be authentic......

Any of you had any experience with LV straps in smooth leather? Are they stiff?

Happy for all inputs :smile:

lshcat

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
Hi, I bought my first LV bag on ebay, a black Alma. I took it to the LV store and it was authentic! But later I bought a strap for it. It's a black smooth leather one, but the leather is not that smooth I think, it's rather stiff, and I am almost beginning to doubt it's real leather. I had the strap checked here at the purseforum before I got it and the ladies believed it to be authentic......

Any of you had any experience with LV straps in smooth leather? Are they stiff?

Happy for all inputs :smile:

I think you are in the wrong thread :smile: but I'm happy to comment! :smile: If the authenticators gave it a thumb's up I'm sure it's fine... I used to have a black epi alma with strap, and the strap is NOT super soft/pliable like the vachetta straps. It is a little stiff. Do you have a link?

Tingeling

O.G.
May 18, 2010