Damier Ebene...Understated?

sedamier

Nov 16, 2011
I love the Damier Ebene because there are not logos busting out everywhere. However, over the last maybe 7 to 10 years, the DE (checkerboard) canvas has become very recognizable. The reason I humbly parted with my speedy 40 is because it was attracting too much unwanted attention. Of course I will keep it dear to my heart, but I am somewhat becoming partial to the Epi Leather line. Lord help me to contain myself!

I think Damier is not as discreet as Epi, as you said, but to be honest I think the majority of people still won't immediately recognise that it's LV. I would think that generally only fashion/LV fans would automatically know what it is. If you love the bag, continue to use it, regardless of the print! Plenty of people will know what Epi is too!

I love DE but it is becoming very popular. I have have intentions of getting anything else in the print. I adore my Bloomsbury GM for traveling but I rarely carry my Verona MM these days. I've thought about selling but since I purchased it when it was first released, the price was so much lower. And with a price increase likely coming I feel like I could regret selling it. But I am also sticking with leather. Epi is my overall favorite line from LV.

True LV addicts know everything! LOL! I like Damier best because it's subtle, but mostly because there is no vachetta. Buy what you love. Don't worry about anyone else!

I love that LV has been making other lines other than their traditional monogram. I'm a fan of all the damier but especially ebene because it's dark brown. The epi line is cute as well, but wish they made a smooth version instead of the horizontal lines. (Do they?)

I love that LV has been making other lines other than their traditional monogram. I'm a fan of all the damier but especially ebene because it's dark brown. The epi line is cute as well, but wish they made a smooth version instead of the horizontal lines. (Do they?)

I love the Epi line. Ok a tid bit from my SA...the epi leather was inspired by the french wheat fields...the horizontal lines are the grooves of the epi grain, and thus, they name the bag epi.

And epi leather was the first leather line introduced in the LV product line. :graucho:

I truly love my Epi bags. I feel special carrying the Epi Petit Noe...knowing all the history of these bags and leather.

One of the reasons I bought DE is that it isn't as recognizable - but I have noticed lately that I see more DE than mono (could be because it's winter and people are worried about the vachetta on mono?) I know someone with a large collection of mono and when I first got my Speedy and showed it to her she was surprised LV made anything other than mono.

I think DE is less recognizable in my country. When I carry my DE or DA bags I feel like no one is watching my bags. When I carry my mono, everyone is starring at them and asking me is it real, etc.

I own both DE and Mono and find them both equally obnoxious when it comes to attracting attention. Mono or an eye catching checker pattern? Neither are discreet, discreet would be a solid color without the words Louis Vuitton or LV printed on the bag 50 times. I like them both but neither are discreet IMO.

I like all the prints on LV, but my absolute favorite is Monogram Macassar. The dark brown/black combo is a winner. The Damier Ebene is a bit too light brown for my taste, and I'm not so found of zipper in Gold. The Damier Graphite on the other hand is very classy. -But its all aboute taste!