Damier Ebene Totally NEW MODEL

View attachment 2542849

here's the pic I snapped in person when I went for a special preview today arranged by my SA. I already reserved mine.
yes all made in the USA
I am set to pick mine up on 3/28, my store already has two that arrived from the warehouse.
wore it and it is more comfy, straps seem thinner, and loops are square and not round.
I think the changes are subtle, really it is still the Totally, just in DE.

Thanks for sharing the photo. Is that red lining I see? Also, is that the MM? TIA

Thanks for sharing the photo. Is that red lining I see? Also, is that the MM? TIA

Yes that is the MM
Yes lining is textile red lining, 1 big pocket one side, and 2 pockets on the other side
the side exterior pockets are red, and the lining runs all the way up so it creates a red trim when you look at it from the outside.

I was not going to get another canvas, was going to continue collecting Empreinte, but after seeing this bag, I made one exception!

In the Damier Ebene, this Totally doesn't look like a diaper bag. It sorta does IMO in the monogram and the DA though. I have the DA Totally MM, and to dress it up I wear it with a bandeau to avoid it looking too diaper bag-ish...lol. But being a mom, I don't mind if it does, but I like that the DE version doesn't look like one so it is more versatile.

I didn't get the feeling with the DE totally of it being a diaper bag. In fact, I think it would look great as a work bag for meetings/formal stuff with a charm added, or even just casual with no decoration on it.

View attachment 2542849

here's the pic I snapped in person when I went for a special preview today arranged by my SA. I already reserved mine.
yes all made in the USA
I am set to pick mine up on 3/28, my store already has two that arrived from the warehouse.
wore it and it is more comfy, straps seem thinner, and loops are square and not round.

Wow.... its so gorgeous!!!!! She' so beautiful ... another wishlist bag :smile:

Yes that is the MM
Yes lining is textile red lining, 1 big pocket one side, and 2 pockets on the other side
the side exterior pockets are red, and the lining runs all the way up so it creates a red trim when you look at it from the outside.

I was not going to get another canvas, was going to continue collecting Empreinte, but after seeing this bag, I made one exception!

In the Damier Ebene, this Totally doesn't look like a diaper bag. It sorta does IMO in the monogram and the DA though. I have the DA Totally MM, and to dress it up I wear it with a bandeau to avoid it looking too diaper bag-ish...lol. But being a mom, I don't mind if it does, but I like that the DE version doesn't look like one so it is more versatile.

I didn't get the feeling with the DE totally of it being a diaper bag. In fact, I think it would look great as a work bag for meetings/formal stuff with a charm added, or even just casual with no decoration on it.

Thank you for the detailed reply! I'm one of the crazies that doesn't like red lining, but I think I'll make an exception for this bag. I already have my MM reserved.

Your description of it makes me like it even more. Doesn't look like a diaper bag, softer than DA Totally, & can be dressed up or casual. Sounds perfect!

On a other note, I'd love to know people's thoughts on buying from the first batch of a new bag. I can't remember which thread I read about it, but there was concern that the first batch would have issues that would be fixed later. I'm not sure what to think on this issue.

Thank you for the detailed reply! I'm one of the crazies that doesn't like red lining, but I think I'll make an exception for this bag. I already have my MM reserved.

Your description of it makes me like it even more. Doesn't look like a diaper bag, softer than DA Totally, & can be dressed up or casual. Sounds perfect!

On a other note, I'd love to know people's thoughts on buying from the first batch of a new bag. I can't remember which thread I read about it, but there was concern that the first batch would have issues that would be fixed later. I'm not sure what to think on this issue.
I don't think there would be too many issues with this bag. I looked quite carefully at this one, and really looked fine to me. I have bought first releases before and also those produced years later of a particular model. I think it really just depends on your luck and the structure of the bag. The fact this bag is "NM" meaning it is new model, or a better version of the Totally, really sold me --- they seems to have taken some of the concerns people had about the original Totally and just fixed it, and made it better.

Hopefully no issues, but my SA said any defects will be honored for a return or exchange, she said for a year even.

I don't think there would be too many issues with this bag. I looked quite carefully at this one, and really looked fine to me. I have bought first releases before and also those produced years later of a particular model. I think it really just depends on your luck and the structure of the bag. The fact this bag is "NM" meaning it is new model, or a better version of the Totally, really sold me --- they seems to have taken some of the concerns people had about the original Totally and just fixed it, and made it better.

Hopefully no issues, but my SA said any defects will be honored for a return or exchange, she said for a year even.

Very good points. The guarantee from your SA is reassuring. I hope each LV store will be on the same page concerning the 1 year exchange offer for defects. Again, thank you for your reply. :smile:

View attachment 2542849

yes all made in the USA
Thanks very much for sharing the pic, it's gorgeous! I love the red interior!

Very good points. The guarantee from your SA is reassuring. I hope each LV store will be on the same page concerning the 1 year exchange offer for defects. Again, thank you for your reply. :smile:

I think this is also SA and LV dependent. Years ago my husband had glazing coming off on his new wallet he had for literally a few weeks, and the SA he got it from said it was wear and tear and too bad. Now I found out, that with my new SA, that is definitely a defect and it should have been fixed. I truly think establishing a great relationship with an SA is essential if you are going to buy these bags and spend so much money. you don't have to be a VIC or a big spender, just find a nice SA and a good LV store that cares about customer service.

View attachment 2542849

yes all made in the USA
I love the square hardware! Will they do this with all prints or just de?

I also like the square hardware, it goes well with the print. And the tabs are probably not going to curl like they do on the vachetta ones which is going to contribute to a slicker look.