Damier Ebene Speedy peeling handles

I wonder if the person who sold the bag over a year ago knew this was going to eventually happen because you mentioned that it started after only a few uses. A few uses shouldn't have caused this kind of damage. Maybe they painted the handles before selling it? I would have an eyebrow raised on the seller of the bag. Its too late, but still. You would have had to slather your hands in acetone, alcohol and lotion everytime you carried it to get that kind of damage that fast. I would take it in for an estimate ASAP. Buying pre loved online gives me heart palpitations because you can't physically see what your buying or inspect. So far I've been lucky.

Reactions: ninakt
Sorry for my English. I will try to explain in different way but no sure :smile:

My SA told me that all repairs ( except reglazing issues and faulty productions ) will be paid by customer even though the product is less than one year old.
All store managers have the ability to waive repair fees. I am getting back a 6 year old Porte Document Voyage in Monogram Macassar with completely new pipping, and my SA waived the fee. It wasn't faulty, I just used it a lot!

I wonder if the person who sold the bag over a year ago knew this was going to eventually happen because you mentioned that it started after only a few uses. A few uses shouldn't have caused this kind of damage. Maybe they painted the handles before selling it? I would have an eyebrow raised on the seller of the bag. Its too late, but still. You would have had to slather your hands in acetone, alcohol and lotion everytime you carried it to get that kind of damage that fast. I would take it in for an estimate ASAP. Buying pre loved online gives me heart palpitations because you can't physically see what your buying or inspect. So far I've been lucky.
I don't know if she knew it's gonna happen that's why she sold it. I'm very careful with my bags as they are expensive, don't use lotion or alcohol because it might affect the leather. You're right, buying preloved online is a matter of luck

Hi, I’m new, but I’ve been lurking for a while now and do research here before buying my bags. I just bought a preloved Speedy with this problem also. It actually doesn’t look so bad in person, but I had them reglazed because the rest of the bag looked brand new and the handles looked so out of place.

Attachments

• 97C9C885-0292-4B4E-87E3-B4B59A0D122F.jpeg
    97C9C885-0292-4B4E-87E3-B4B59A0D122F.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 489
Typical worn out Damier Ébène leather. Always avoid lotions and hand sanitizers when handling these bags. Just the skin Ph itself can be enough to destroy the top coating of this leather.

Hi, I’m new, but I’ve been lurking for a while now and do research here before buying my bags. I just bought a preloved Speedy with this problem also. It actually doesn’t look so bad in person, but I had them reglazed because the rest of the bag looked brand new and the handles looked so out of place.

Reactions: chchchcherrybomb
Typical worn out Damier Ébène leather. Always avoid lotions and hand sanitizers when handling these bags. Just the skin Ph itself can be enough to destroy the top coating of this leather.

Yeah, I actually read about that on tpf. Good thing I don’t like putting anything on my hands so my Speedy (when it gets back from repairs) will have a fresh start. ☺️