damier ebene speedy or Neverfull? please help me decide!

lk87

Feb 23, 2011
So I bought a damier neverfull last weekend for school and work cuz I like how i can fit everything i need in one bag and it can be easily carried over my shoulder.

however, I do not own a speedy and have always wanted one because it is so classic and beautiful. even thought I have just bought the neverfull and i like how practical and versatile it is, but I can't stop thinking about whether or not i should exchange it to the classic damier ebene speedy.

if i do exchange for the speedy thou, i will have to carry the speedy and an additional bag for my books and laptop.

i cant make up my mind, please help! getting the classic and carry additional bag? or get the less classic but more appropriate for school and work?

thanks a lot!

I have both a speedy and NF in DE. I bought the speedy first because I used a ralph lauren tote for school/work at the time and my speedy for dinners/dates/shopping/sushi/etc. Essentially, every other activity which didn't need a lot of stuff. Your arm will also get tired of carrying a speedy over the course of a whole day.

Personally speaking I'd advise you to keep the NF and get the speedy after. Unless you have another 'daily' bag to use and rotate with a speedy.

Have you considered a speedy b or speedy idylle? They both come with removable straps and can be worn three ways.

I personally think you should keep the Neverfull, as you said yourself that it is very practical for school and work. This way, at least you won't need to be lugging around two bags, which can get very annoying. I also think that shoulder bags/ totes are much more comfortable to carry around school and work.

You could always get the Speedy in the near future. :smile:

Ditto to what most have said.....keep the NF now because its useful and get the Speedy later. I think the NF is so versatile too. I love the look of it cinched too so it could feel like you have 2 different bags lol.

I love my ebene NF! I would never choose a Speedy over my NF. Neverfull is such a great bag. I feel like my Speedy is too small for my needs (I have Speedy 30) and I have to have the opportunity to have both of my hands free when I need to. Speedy also gets quite heavy at times. I'd definitely keep the NF! You can get the Speedy later if you want to.

u can always get the speedy anytime l8r if NF gives u the space and the options that
u really need u should keep it! being comforable at work and school is better!