Damier Ebene Speedy - Colour Wearing off Canvas?? HELP!!

May 21, 2009
Somewhere in Canada
Hi Everyone,

I purchased my Speedy not too long before Christmas (see my reveal video) and have used it maybe 30 times since then.

This weekend I noticed that the colour is coming off the canvas - wtf??

To everyone with the same bag, is this happening to yours? Or should I take it back?

For contextual purposes, the pic is of the bottom corner of the bag, near the piping.

TIA!

Attachments

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Maryland
ITS HARD TO DEPICT in that photo but if you are not at all satisfied, i reccomend taking it back. i am taking back a wallet i got in october b/c its peeling and has had little use since about dec. as well

eunaddict

Attempting to be a #functionaladult
O.G.
Dec 11, 2008
Purseland <3
mmm...bags tend to wear out at the corners, since that's where their weight is concentrated on whenever you set it down, it rubs off against hard surfaces, like concrete etc.

You could take the bag back, see what they say about it, but most likely you'll get a "It's a wear and tear issue etcetcetcetc".

MNeeMee

Dec 15, 2009
My damier neverfull mm has turned red where there are scuffs on the corners!! It's so awful, and the LV rep told me over the phone he had never heard of this problem. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Jun 21, 2010
My damier neverfull mm has turned red where there are scuffs on the corners!! It's so awful, and the LV rep told me over the phone he had never heard of this problem. Has anyone else ever had this happen?
Can you post a pic of it? Is it so worn that the lining is showing through?