Damier Ebene or mono in terms of longevity

Agreed! I've had my ebene speedy for five years and it still looks brand new.

I agree. I've seen photo's of both after 5+ years and you wouldn't be able to tell the age of the ebene bags but on the mono it was apparent especially when the bags were not properly taken care of.

The mono is still my favourite but I did buy an ebene eva because I want to use it for casual and formal occassions and I knew the ebene would show less wear.

Definitely Damier Ebene :biggrin: No vachetta = No patina !!

Yes but doesn't glazing eventually crack and wear off?Leads me to think a mono may have patina but be in over all better condition. Even if it has a dark patina. I was just thinking lol. I am about to make a purchase in a few weeks and I am so undecided lol. I am leaning toward ebene.

Yes but doesn't glazing eventually crack and wear off?Leads me to think a mono may have patina but be in over all better condition. Even if it has a dark patina. I was just thinking lol. I am about to make a purchase in a few weeks and I am so undecided lol. I am leaning toward ebene.

I'm carrying my Ebene Westminster currently, and so far, I've not noticed any crack or any sign of wearing off yet :biggrin:… I don't think it'd happen if you take care of it, like not using hand sanitizer/ lotion, etc.

Very few bags are seemingly prone to cracking issues in ebene (like a Neverfull) but overall ebene is by far the best choice for the long haul in my opinion. And easier to maintain, if caught in rain, etc... go for the ebene. :smile:

I'm carrying my Ebene Westminster currently, and so far, I've not noticed any crack or any sign of wearing off yet :biggrin:… I don't think it'd happen if you take care of it, like not using hand sanitizer/ lotion, etc.

I agree the Damier Ebene...my SA strongly suggested not using lotion or other things like hand sanitizer right before touching the bag. We must take care of our purchases! Sometimes the bags that crack are just bad batches and others are from lack of proper care.

I think it's kind of odd that the damier ebene pattern came first --before mono but you never see vintage ebene pieces--only mono! I think the only way you'd be able to tell would be to wait another ten years and see the condition of the pre-loved bags for sale out there! :biggrin: