Damier Ebene Neverfull MM straps

iamlc117

Apr 20, 2018
Hi guys,
I purchased my FIRST Louis Vuitton today, and I went with the Neverfull MM in Damier Ebene. I ended up coming home after purchasing, and opening up the box, to find that the straps already had scuffs and one part of the handle must have caught on something and was peeling. I ended up going back to the mall and did an exchange for the same bag, but now i'm starting to wonder if the straps are going to be an issue?
I chose the Damier Ebene because I thought, with the straps being dark, it would mean less maintenance, but now i'm worried that I might have made a mistake. Should I have bought the Monogram Neverfull MM instead? Would you advise me to keep the bag, and are there ways to prevent any future cracking or peeling from happening? or should I just return the Damier Ebene NF MM bag and get a Monogram one? I hate the fact that this would be my second exchange, but i want to make sure that I dont just keep the bag in the closet because i'm so worried about the straps. Hope you can help! TIA!

Personally I like the mono. The straps are softer and more comfy on the shoulder imo. I’ve got an mm from 2012 in great condition and very recently a mono gm for travel. I never worried much about stains etc (till I came on TPF lol) ... i didn’t treat my 2012 until about a year ago when I found LMB, but before that no stains and no watermarks after being caught in a drizzle. I don’t baby my bags but I am not careless either. I find I can wipe the vachetta down and clean it easily (if I ever need to) after becoming more used to it.
I purposely stayed away from DE because of the reported peeling. DE is very popular and some people may not have exp peeling. I just wasn’t willing to take the chance and I didn’t mind vachetta. After 6 years my mm still looks good! The vachetta has a nice patina now, which I love.
Not sure if there is a way to prevent the peeling...
Don’t worry about a second exchange. As long as it’s unused and within the return/exchange period ur good.
If u do keep DE and it peels within a year, usually LV will repair free of cost. And if years later it peels you can always pay to do a repair.

Personally I like the mono. The straps are softer and more comfy on the shoulder imo. I’ve got an mm from 2012 in great condition and very recently a mono gm for travel. I never worried much about stains etc (till I came on TPF lol) ... i didn’t treat my 2012 until about a year ago when I found LMB, but before that no stains and no watermarks after being caught in a drizzle. I don’t baby my bags but I am not careless either. I find I can wipe the vachetta down and clean it easily (if I ever need to) after becoming more used to it.
I purposely stayed away from DE because of the reported peeling. DE is very popular and some people may not have exp peeling. I just wasn’t willing to take the chance and I didn’t mind vachetta. After 6 years my mm still looks good! The vachetta has a nice patina now, which I love.
Not sure if there is a way to prevent the peeling...
Don’t worry about a second exchange. As long as it’s unused and within the return/exchange period ur good.
If u do keep DE and it peels within a year, usually LV will repair free of cost. And if years later it peels you can always pay to do a repair.

Thank you!!

Reactions: Kitty157
I never had any peeling issues with any of my DE pieces. I owned th NF GM in DE twice and the leather was just fine, I only sold it because I found it too big for my frame. I currently own a Speedy B 25, a Speedy B 30 and a Delightful MM in damier ebene, and I’ve had all of them for more than a year. No issues with the leather whatsoever. I bought a NF MM in this same print a few days ago and I can’t wait to use it. So if you love DE, I’d say keep it, but if you think you’ll just be too worried with the bag to actually enjoy using it, I suggest that you exchange it for the mono one. I also own a NF MM in mono with red interior and I absolutely love the patina on it. You can’t really go wrong with either option. Did you get the classic red interior or the rose ballerine one?

Reactions: SatinDoll
I never had any peeling issues with any of my DE pieces. I owned th NF GM in DE twice and the leather was just fine, I only sold it because I found it too big for my frame. I currently own a Speedy B 25, a Speedy B 30 and a Delightful MM in damier ebene, and I’ve had all of them for more than a year. No issues with the leather whatsoever. I bought a NF MM in this same print a few days ago and I can’t wait to use it. So if you love DE, I’d say keep it, but if you think you’ll just be too worried with the bag to actually enjoy using it, I suggest that you exchange it for the mono one. I also own a NF MM in mono with red interior and I absolutely love the patina on it. You can’t really go wrong with either option. Did you get the classic red interior or the rose ballerine one?
I'm not sure what happened here but yes I love the Damier Ebene, but stressing about the straps. I'm hoping that I wont have to replace straps for a good while and if thats the case...monogram might be best right? I originlly purchased the rose ballerine, but when I exchanged my bag, I exchanged it for the red interior because I dont have the confidence to keep the pink very clean with two toddlers. Thanks again for your advice! I guess I will be making my decision tomorrow.

I'm not sure what happened here but yes I love the Damier Ebene, but stressing about the straps. I'm hoping that I wont have to replace straps for a good while and if thats the case...monogram might be best right? I originlly purchased the rose ballerine, but when I exchanged my bag, I exchanged it for the red interior because I dont have the confidence to keep the pink very clean with two toddlers. Thanks again for your advice! I guess I will be making my decision tomorrow.
Yeah, when I mention the leather, that includes the NF straps. Never has a problem with those :smile:
Please keep us updated on your decision!

My neverfull is peeling too and its only 1 year old. I'm so mad that LV doesn't offer a warranty however Nordstrom offers a 5-7 year warranty on all bags purchased there. Too late now but I wish I could at least get it to stop peeling.