Damier Ebene Leather Loop Issues - Normal or No?

jchiara

is really in love...
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Here & There
Happy September everyone. Hey, question. Looking into this 2017 LV DE Speedy 25 (authentic OF COURSE!!!!) and I noticed some fraying on two of the four points of the handles. Would you you say this is kinda okay and normal or a 'no go'...? I've seen ladies say they take a super sharp tiny pair of scissors and snip snip away those frayed pieces...and some have said the glazing sucks. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue? My eyes are falling out of my head today watching videos and trying to zoom in on everyone's DE speedy handles and I thought I'd might as well just come right to the source. :smile: The bag is in really nice shape otherwise - I just thought 'hmmmmm' when I saw that. My Mono Speedy 35 doesn't have that issue. Is it just a DE issue???

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 11.53.33 AM.png

paula3boys

O.G.
Sep 16, 2008
my house
Happy September everyone. Hey, question. Looking into this 2017 LV DE Speedy 25 (authentic OF COURSE!!!!) and I noticed some fraying on two of the four points of the handles. Would you you say this is kinda okay and normal or a 'no go'...? I've seen ladies say they take a super sharp tiny pair of scissors and snip snip away those frayed pieces...and some have said the glazing sucks. Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue? My eyes are falling out of my head today watching videos and trying to zoom in on everyone's DE speedy handles and I thought I'd might as well just come right to the source. :smile: The bag is in really nice shape otherwise - I just thought 'hmmmmm' when I saw that. My Mono Speedy 35 doesn't have that issue. Is it just a DE issue???

View attachment 4840707
My 2017 Speedy B25 in ebene doesn't have any issues (knock on wood), but that does not mean this isn't normal. I wouldn't let it bother me if I saw it.

Christofle

O.G.
Apr 21, 2011
Montreal
Perfectly normal. Mine (Speedy 35 ebene) from 2008 is the same and it was like that the day I purchased it from the store.