Damier Ebene Galliera Release Early 2009

LVMOMMY

O.G.
Nov 21, 2007
I have been trying to find a Damier Ebene and MC shoulder bags for the fall. I called my local LV to see if they could special order either print in Galliera for me. They said no. I then called 866-VUITTON to get a second opinion. I found a helpful rep and she said that they can't SO these bags because they are from the permanent line that might be released in the future. She did some checking in the computer and said that the Damier Ebene will be released in early 2009! :yahoo:Now this is great news! But I won't believe it till I see it and get confirmation on the release date. They pushed back the release of the Tate so I will have to be patient and wait. :sweatdrop: Has anyone else heard of this news and if so please share more details. TIA!

So they are going to do both a Galliera and a Tate?? Or is the Tate the Galliera version in damier??

Good question. The Tate looks so similar to the Galliera and I wondered the same thing. Why would they have 2 similar looking bags in Damier Ebene? I definitely need some more information. The Damier Azur Galliera is being released in November so I am hoping the the customer service rep is correct about the Damier Ebene Galliera!

Thanks LVMommy - this will only further my delay in buying a Damier ebene shoulder bag - I am afraid to make a move for fear more that more styles will come out but I am dying to buy one now!! :wacko:
But I must say, a Damier Ebene Galliera has me just as intrigued as the Tate does :graucho:

maybe the ebene you are talking about is the "TATE" coz according to my SA she said it looks similar to galliera.

That's what I was thinking after I got off the phone. I asked the 866-VUITTON rep to make sure that it was the Galliera. She said yes it's the Galliera. We talked about the Galliera being released in Damier Azur, how I want one in Damier Ebene and Multicolore. I originally called to see if I could SO when she mentioned the 2009 release of the Damier Ebene Galliera. I will wait and see if I can get some more information. I know that sometimes an SA can be mistaken or not even have a clue of a release of something. Like the WC Marron/brown Speedy.

omg i got so excited... but umm it might be tate... Im not liking the tate look... I wish it came in galliera...

Oh say it isnt's so! :crybaby:We all need some more information and definitely a confirmation. I will call 866-VUITTON again this weekend to see I can get another confirmation. I called my local LV toady and they are no help.

Tried calling 866-VUITTON again. Another sales rep said that it won't be available. I am still hopeful that it will be released someday. As for the Tate no confirmation on the release. I don't know if I should get the Tate if there will be a Damier Ebene Galliera some day? The Tate looks similar to the Galliera and the price is less exspensive too. I wonder if the Tate will be smooshy and light weight like the Galliera? The zipper is a plus for the Tate.

^^^ Looks like it's going to be a Tate for me, after all. It'll force me to mix it up a bit. I wouldn't mind having 2 Gallieras (one mono, one Damier) but this is okay, too.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it will be the usual canvas that is on the Damiers because of the zipper. I can't imagine zipping up the Galliera with the softer canvas.

Now if only we could get a release date, I can start organizing my Christmas list for dh. :graucho:

^^^ Looks like it's going to be a Tate for me, after all. It'll force me to mix it up a bit. I wouldn't mind having 2 Gallieras (one mono, one Damier) but this is okay, too.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it will be the usual canvas that is on the Damiers because of the zipper. I can't imagine zipping up the Galliera with the softer canvas.

Now if only we could get a release date, I can start organizing my Christmas list for dh. :graucho:

I am so in need of a Damier Ebene bag! :drool: I was considering the Trevi GM but read that it's heavy. :sad: I definately got spoiled with the Galliera since it's so lighwieght! :P I am really starting to lean towards the Tate and just need to find out the actual release date too! The Tate would make an awesome X-Mas gift! ;)

I am so in need of a Damier Ebene bag! :drool: I was considering the Trevi GM but read that it's heavy. :sad: I definately got spoiled with the Galliera since it's so lighwieght! :P I am really starting to lean towards the Tate and just need to find out the actual release date too! The Tate would make an awesome X-Mas gift! ;)

I know! I feel like I'm in desperate need to find a Damier
Ebene I love to use for everyday rainy weather. It's starting to get cold here in Northern CA and the rain will start soon. As a shoulder bag type of girl, I'm wanting the Tate but might get the Neverfull to tide me over. Or I can just get the Speedy. What's a girl to do?! lol

Actually, Neverfull might be bad for the rain because my electronics would get wet...hmmm. :confused1: Where fore art thou Tate? lol

Last edited:
I know! I feel like I'm in desperate need to find a Damier
Ebene I love to use for everyday rainy weather. It's starting to get cold here in Northern CA and the rain will start soon. As a shoulder bag type of girl, I'm wanting the Tate but might get the Neverfull to tide me over. Or I can just get the Speedy. What's a girl to do?! lol

Actually, Neverfull might be bad for the rain because my electronics would get wet...hmmm. :confused1: Where fore art thou Tate? lol

I know what you mean. I am loving Southern CA weather but need to prepare for rainy days even if they are far and between LOL! I like shoulder bags too especially comfortable ones! I am on a mission to find a Damier Ebene shoulder bag wether it be Tate or Trevi. :rolleyes: Mahina L would be divine but I could get a Trevi PM and Tate for the price of one gorgeous bag. I will have to choose one soon. :confused1: I had issues with my Neverfull so it's not an option for me. Good luck on your mission LOL! ;)