Damier Ebene Color Variation

khest25

Feb 8, 2018
I purchased a Favorite MM in March 2019 & a Mini Pochette Accessoires in Sept 2019.

Both were purchased in Paris. I briefly looked at the mini pochette then stuck it back in the box. I got it out today to use & noticed it is a different color than my other DE pieces. It is a lighter shade. It is more noticeable in person. The canvas also feels different. If I hadn't purchased it directly from Louis Vuitton, I would assume it was fake.

Also, I saw the same color & feel on a DE Key Pouch at LV Nashville two weeks ago. I didn't purchase it because of the differences.

What are your thoughts on the variations? Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_4381 (1).JPG
    IMG_4381 (1).JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_4383.JPG
    IMG_4383.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Reactions: Marie1Claire
These variation are noticeable and normal. It maybe LV does not have an set system in place of making of the DE canvas. But sometime I think DE does darken in age. I’m not sure why. Maybe perhaps it really When making DE, the color dyes are set manually by different people. I think Monogram is the same too, different shade of brown in Monogram.

But I definitely like the DE print shown on the Mini Pochette. It make the print very crisp looking.

I purchased a Favorite MM in March 2019 & a Mini Pochette Accessoires in Sept 2019.

Both were purchased in Paris. I briefly looked at the mini pochette then stuck it back in the box. I got it out today to use & noticed it is a different color than my other DE pieces. It is a lighter shade. It is more noticeable in person. The canvas also feels different. If I hadn't purchased it directly from Louis Vuitton, I would assume it was fake.

Also, I saw the same color & feel on a DE Key Pouch at LV Nashville two weeks ago. I didn't purchase it because of the differences.

What are your thoughts on the variations? Is this normal?
I noticed the same thing with the monogram!