Damier Ebene Color Variation

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    I purchased a Favorite MM in March 2019 & a Mini Pochette Accessoires in Sept 2019.

Both were purchased in Paris. I briefly looked at the mini pochette then stuck it back in the box. I got it out today to use & noticed it is a different color than my other DE pieces. It is a lighter shade. It is more noticeable in person. The canvas also feels different. If I hadn't purchased it directly from Louis Vuitton, I would assume it was fake.

Also, I saw the same color & feel on a DE Key Pouch at LV Nashville two weeks ago. I didn't purchase it because of the differences.

What are your thoughts on the variations? Is this normal?

Attached Files:

Marie1Claire likes this.
  2. Yes, it's normal.

3. These variation are noticeable and normal. It maybe LV does not have an set system in place of making of the DE canvas. But sometime I think DE does darken in age. I’m not sure why. Maybe perhaps it really When making DE, the color dyes are set manually by different people. I think Monogram is the same too, different shade of brown in Monogram.

But I definitely like the DE print shown on the Mini Pochette. It make the print very crisp looking.

4. Thank you!!

5. FYI.
    My SA has repeatedly reminded me not to leave pieces in boxes. Humidity can develop and result in funkiness amd mildew.

6. I noticed the same thing with the monogram!

7. That’s normal. My Speedy B25, Mini Pochette, and Key Pouch all have a different shade and feel to them. My monogram pieces have variations as well.