Damier Ebene Cabas Rivington?

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
I'm loving this bag, but haven't seen anything about it on here? Does anyone have or like the Damier Ebene Rivington (is it called the Cabas Rivington?), the one with the zippers on the sides and the straps going down the front?

Would love some feedback on this bag as I'm thinking about getting it. Loved the extra detailing on it???

I used to own a cabas rivington, it's a pretty good handbag, I almost always have the zippers open on the sides so I could fit more stuff in it. I was using it everyday until one day I was tire of it and sold it. It's very sturdy. When you close the zipper the sides fold in so it's a little awkward for some people. All in all it's a pretty practical bag. The handles are thicker then NF. It's a bucket size handbag that will fit your essentials in there. The zippers stay put pretty well when zipped up (they never popped open on me) I think it's a pretty stylish bag.

Wow, maybe this style is a dud! Have gotten so few responses and nobody seems to talk about it! Eeek, maybe I should just stick with the Damier Ebene Neverfull!

Concerned that the Cabas Rivington is just too much $$ for a bag that I primarily want to use with my kids (of course, that means I plan to wear it all of the time tho), but I do love it???

I really liked this bag when I tried it on several months ago. (I ended up buying the speedy b 30 because it was my first chance to grab a speedy without giving up a shoulder strap and it holds more.) The rivington is a very attractive bag and it's one of those bags that look even better on.

I have this bag and really like it! I have seen a lot of people comment that this was too similar to the neverfull to spend the extra dough on... I prefer it over the ebene neverfull because the straps are longer, thicker, and fit comfortably over a jacket. It seems deeper to me, which I do like. I also like that it is not as commonly seen as the neverfull and the side zippers give it a bit of an edgy vibe and give you more options (open/closed) than the neverfull. Good luck!

Ditto! ^^^^

And it appears there are no "peeling strap" issues. I don't have this bag myself, as I am just now getting into LV. But this one has caught my eye and I am doing my due diligence research before getting it. jxwilliams has hit all the highlights on this one.

Thank you! Would love more feedback! Glad to hear you like the bag a lot! How do you usually wear it? Zipped or unzipped? I love that you have those options and the extra detailing.

I was also considering this bag a few weeks ago. I love how it looks when zipped up, but not when unzipped. That kinda threw me off because the SA told me that one of the reasons why it was a bit expensive is the fact that it can be worn two ways, thus it's like getting two bags in one. Since I know that I will be wearing it zipped up all the time (don't like it's looks with the sides unzipped), I felt that I could not justify the extra $$$. The dealbreaker for me was, when I tried it on, one strap kept falling off my shoulder. So I had to take it off my wishlist. It is a very nice bag, though.

Thank you! Would love more feedback! Glad to hear you like the bag a lot! How do you usually wear it? Zipped or unzipped? I love that you have those options and the extra detailing.

I wear mine both ways! I found mine preloved, used once and got quite a deal on it! I wouldn't pay full price for it (or any bag for that matter)...:P

I love this bag and am also considering it. It is very similar to the Neverfull, but has more "character" because of the zippers. I also like that you can wear it in the bucket style. I am going back again this week to take another look and decide if it's worth the extra $$ over the Neverfull.

I have this bag and really like it! I have seen a lot of people comment that this was too similar to the neverfull to spend the extra dough on... I prefer it over the ebene neverfull because the straps are longer, thicker, and fit comfortably over a jacket. It seems deeper to me, which I do like. I also like that it is not as commonly seen as the neverfull and the side zippers give it a bit of an edgy vibe and give you more options (open/closed) than the neverfull. Good luck!
same here. where I live, u will see DE NVF on the girls in every 15 mins. But many comment that my bag is pretty but not worth the price because no zipper to secure all the things and with people who is not very familiar with LV they tend to think it is a NVF.:nogood: Another cons is kinda heavy when I put all my belongings inside. But I have lots of stuff to take with me.:P I like this bag very much this is my carefree bag when compare to azur galliera and azur totally others bag i owned. It is very functional bag, if i go to very crowd place I will zipped up my bag or eles zipped down when I feel it is safe to open up:smile: If o like it just go for it I love the detail on the bag very much.

i just looked at this bag this weekend and I felt it was a pretty sturdy bag. The handles are a lot thicker than the neverfull, but also felt harder. I hear they will soften up a bit, but not like the handles on the neverfull mono.

I love the red pop of color on the inside but not sure I can justify the additional funds just for a tote.

I guess is just depends on your needs!

I loved it in photos but in the boutique - not so much. It looked too "formal" for my everyday needs; I am very casual and bought an Ebene NF MM instead.