Damier Ebene Alma BB but which one?

1. IMG_8856.jpg
    IMG_8857.jpg

I like to add the Alma BB in Damier Ebene to my LV collection but I can’t decide between these two.

I love the Karakoram a little bit more but I’m afraid it’s too trendy and will be dated.

Please share your honest opinion and help me out.

The current LV bags I own:
    Monogram NF MM
    Damier Ebene NF MM
    Monogram Pochette Metis
    Damier Ebene Speedy B25
    Monogram Favorite MM

Thanks!!!

2. I don’t think you can go wrong with either. The Karakoram one, to me, doesn’t seem trendy. It’s a piece like the Totem speedy or the Alma BB with the stones, one of a kind but can be used for many years to come.

3. I would go with the Karakoram. I think it will stand the test of time. Plus it's just more unique and not as over saturated as the regular DE one - which I also love btw, but it's nice to have something a little different sometimes.

4. I prefer the first one, the classic one. Yes I think the Karakoram one will be dated. We're in October now, so 2018 is almost over. Karakoram will forever be a 2018 bag in my eyes.

Unless the pattern really appeals to you or resonates with you somehow. Otherwise I don't suggest getting any LE bags. LE small leather goods, on the other hand, I think are a better investment. But not the bags. Just me.

Fashion412 likes this.
  5. Classic. I think in a few years you might be sick of the other one. Can’t go wrong with classic. Always in style.

cielopark likes this.
  6. I would choose the original classic one.

cielopark likes this.
  7. Love the details of the karakoram but for me i'll go for the classic. coz the karakoram for me will be dated. i think one day ill get tired of looking at it knowing myself i keep changing my mind so i'd better go classic. Goodluck

8. Karaokram is beautiful and would add some variety to your collection. But the classic Alma BB is more versatile; you’d probably get more use out of it than the Karaokram. I have the classic Alma BB in DE and it is my most used bag because it goes with everything in my wardrobe and for every purpose.

9. I love the Karakoram but recently decided to limit purchasing limited edition items Bc if they are ever deemed defective you can’t get a replacement, only store credit for the cash value. Given that LV increases their prices a couple of times a year, you are better off getting a bag that can be replaced.

10. Agree with classic too!

11. I think I’m the outlier here, but i’d vote Karakoram every time! It is even more stunning in person! I may be bias because I saw it in person and had to purchase it immediately. I purchased the Speedy although I did prefer the Alma - it was just way too small for my needs. I don’t think it will look dated as much as “seasonal”. It won’t be a bag I ever take out in the spring/summer. But I think it is great with fall clothes and holiday decorations! Pick what makes your heart sing, not because it is a “classic”.

12. Classic gets my vote

13. Limited edition gets my vote....unique and not as common.

14. Call me boring but I prefer the classic, it already has a lot going on with the pattern and hardware for such a small bag, the other one seems so busy and harder to coordinate with clothing.
    Only get LE if you really really love it, gld and happy shopping!

15. Classic