Damier Duomo or Manhattan GM?

For my first LV purchase, I am deciding between the Damier Duomo and Manhattan GM. They are both beautiful bags, and I am torn. I know the Damier is easier to care for due to its lack of vachetta. Any other pros and cons?

Side question - why is the Duomo so much more expensive than the Speedy? I see that the Manhattan has a lot more hardware, but it doesn't seem to me that the Duomo has that much more hardware compared to the Speedy.

Attachments

• Damier Duomo.jpg
    Damier Duomo.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 212
  • Manhattan PM.jpg
    Manhattan PM.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 216
i have both so it's extremely difficult to choose. the Manhattan is a beautiful bag, but it tends to get a little heavy, and sometimes the strap gets a little tedious. the Duomo is much easier to carry, and it's very low-maintenance, plus it has such an elegant look to it

Oooh that's hard. I have both and love them both. They are both such different bags.

Good luck in your decision. I'm no help--I cannot choose one over the other

do you mean the GM or PM? the pic that you attached is of the smaller version of the manhattan.

i like both bags... i think you should get the manhattan first, and eventually the duomo.

I love both...but have the Duomo. Love the Duomo!
The Duomo might be more expensive compared to the Speedy because of all the stitching & work that went into it. The Duomo is made of more pieces I believe. Plus it has "posts" or "bottom hardware" that it can rest on. (sorry forgot what they're called).

The Duomo is extremely well made and structured. Alot of details that the Speedy does not have. NO comparison between the two. That being said, I would go for the GM. Its iconic IMO. LV Chic! I have owned the Duomo and its more of a winter bag IMO. But the GM to me is year round!