Damier Deauville SO is here!!!

FrankieP

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
Oh boy - she's arrived! :woohoo:

Making it to me in record time, she arrived yesterday morning, sending me loopy with excitement! The bag is stunning, utterly gorgeous, and I was amazed at how comfortable it is to carry - more so than my Speedy 35. It's about the same length as the 35, but slightly slimmer and taller, and with roomier handles it sits very comfortably on the elbow. I just sold and posted my 35 yesterday actually, but when this came yesterday morning I unwrapped it quickly for a comparison shot! Hahaha - at least it wasn't taped into it's box yet. :Push:

The chocolate trim on those pockets is divine, and the pockets themselves are wonderful, I wish LV did them for all their bags! Knowing the lining is waterproof and wipeable is reassuring, and I was thinking that for those considering the Montorgueil GM this would be a good alternative to consider. It's a similar shape, more functional with the pockets, washable lining makes it perfect as a diaper bag too, and although the straps won't sit on your shoulder as on the Monty the bag has two double-D links on the handles to attach a messenger strap.

Aaanyway, I spent some time playing with her yesterday, here are the pics! I was wondering what charm to attach, and thinking I'd get the Trunks &N Bags Keychain to string between the handles, but Jack & Lucie look fantastic on there, much better than I'd expected as the mono colours aren't the same shade as the Damier chocolate and beige.

My LV SA rang on Sunday and I've ordered the chocolate messenger strap in for me to pick up when I visit Brissy next week, and whilst catching up she told me they actually had a Damier Deauville in store. Not somebody else's SO, but she said sometimes the SO factory in Paris (the original factory, isn't it?) make a few different versions like unbooked SO's, and share them around the stores as display "look what we can do!" type efforts! So I was thinking that even though I'd expected the Deauville to be cumbersome to carry into the store to try the keychains on, I'd not need to anyway since they already had one there - but now it's here and I've found it so comfy to carry, I might take it in after all! :P

Anyway, howsabouts I shut up and show y'all what you're here for:

DAMIER DEAUVILLE SO!

CIMG2273wm-1.jpg

very beautiful. enjoy.
i have a mongram one so i know how comfortable those pockets are. i just always manage getting my handles dirty for some reason. i don't know why it only happens in that bag and not my others.
damier is gorgeous.

A shot of how I've attached the luggage tag onto the double-D there - it sits nice and flat now, without the strap on it twisted. Hopefully I can still clip the strap on there too, I should think I could..

CIMG2307wm.jpg

And comparisons with my sadly departed Speedy 35. The Deauville certainly eases the pain though - I would have been hard pushed to have chosen Speedy over this bag now considering their size similarities and better functionality of Deauville. It was a beautiful bag though, but happily is going to a lovely lady who'll give her a great home! :tender:

CIMG2310wm.jpg
CIMG2311wm.jpg
CIMG2312wm.jpg

:ty: THANK YOU, EVERYONE! :ty:

Will definitely do some modelling pics this morning - we got flogged at work overnight (on call Paramedic in small town!) so have fatigue time off work this morning, and will get dressed (yeh, still in jimjams!) and do some pics in a bit after a run on tready. :yes:

I love all my Damier pieces together too, it's so tidy and smart, and I adore red with the Damier as on my Koala Agenda. Am getting the luggage tag heatstamped in red too, just one large initial like on the Koala Agenda, and will get the same done on inside of Agenda GM. I've been thinking I might do the same on the tail end of the shoulder strap - just a small initial, something nobody would even notice right away, but a fun thing! Am definitely keeping my heatstamped pieces forever, so no issues there.. I don't think I'd have the Deauville itself stamped as I did on the Congo, since the luggage tag is there.

Ooh I'll have to get a pic of it with my Congo PM now!

OH - I forgot to say - I have the Damier Pochette Cosmetique coming - gorgeous shape that's curvy like my Deauville, and with the HOTTT RED INNARDS I love! What a team they'll all make. I'm looking for a 6-key Damier Keyholder and Damier Koala Coin Purse at a good price and am dying for LV to hurry up and release the Damier T&B Mini Pochette with the red T&B stamp - then my life would be complete! :P