damier canvas variation

Yours look almost identical in my opinion... except I feel like the one on the left looks a bit more creamier. Beautiful bags, BTW!
Yes, but if you look closely you can se that the beige on the Icare (to the right) is slight more yellow than the Shelton, and the print seems slightly weaker (but I think thats because of a more rugged and uneven canvas).

Yes, but if you look closely you can se that the beige on the Icare (to the right) is slight more yellow than the Shelton, and the print seems slightly weaker (but I think thats because of a more rugged and uneven canvas).

Ohhh, yeah I actually just noticed that... I really had to focus, haha.

Most likely the colors/prints of canvas vary by each "batch." However, I'm wondering if the thickness issue really just depends on what the canvas is bonded to on the backside/interior side. I believe they changed the canvas around 2008 to be more flexible (likely thinner) to accommodate the newer styles with pleats and folds. However, I think they use this same canvas for all their items (can you imagine the cost of having multiple thicknesses/gauges of canvas). It's just that some of the items are backed with nothing or fabric or alcantara or leather, so the outer vinyl-coated canvas just seems thinner/thicker on some items, though probably just depends on what it is lined/backed with (bad grammar, sorry).

Most likely the colors/prints of canvas vary by each "batch." However, I'm wondering if the thickness issue really just depends on what the canvas is bonded to on the backside/interior side. I believe they changed the canvas around 2008 to be more flexible (likely thinner) to accommodate the newer styles with pleats and folds. However, I think they use this same canvas for all their items (can you imagine the cost of having multiple thicknesses/gauges of canvas). It's just that some of the items are backed with nothing or fabric or alcantara or leather, so the outer vinyl-coated canvas just seems thinner/thicker on some items, though probably just depends on what it is lined/backed with (bad grammar, sorry).
Well, Graphite is a quite new style. I have both Keepall and Tadao from this line, and the canvas on the Keepall is more rugged/gross than the Tadao Canvas. The Keepall canvas is very similar to the canvas on my Icare. I think the may use a more rugged canvas on their travel bags.

This may have been answered previously, but are there variations in the Damier canvas? I laid out all my Damier pieces and I am noticing variations in the colour and slight texture variation also? My brand new, purchased from boutique speedy b is almost an orangy brown with a sheen while my Cles and Bloomsbury are a more definite matte brown? The Cles was purchased in NYC and is made in France as is the Bloomsbury and the Speedy is made in the USA. Is there a difference depending on where it is made?

I know there might be difference between old and new but not on specific items
Can you take a picture?

Not sure the pics reflect the shade variation....
f086ef72edb54fbccfc0418080308530_zpsee1349b6.jpg

36b37ed3e3b5dc6bec4148f00444d1e7_zps7e782f50.jpg

It's a bit easier to see with no light directly on it.

b9bac7c818d35153e5ec9c5b9a4f0ca5_zps2c51efa8.jpg

fbd89407c5238ece5c785a46ff72706e_zps839e20b7.jpg

Hi, I bought a Bloomsbury PM today. Took it home with so much excitement. However, I then put my new bag next to my Speedy DE 30. There is a huge difference in the colour of the canvas. The Speedy DE 30 in darker. The lighter squares are light brown when compared to Bloomsbury lighter colour square which is caramel colour.

What colour do you all prefer ? Do you find that over time, the colour will fade ? I only had the damier bags for less than 1 year.

Should I change it to another bag that is closer to my Speedy DE 30 ?

Lol - ok, I should have searched a little bit harder for this thread! I just asked the same question about the exact 2 bags:smile:

I love your damier ebene collection....i would love to own that bloomsbury bag too if only i could afford it now...ii guess i have to be contented with my present collection...its more on the monogram..i only have one DE and one Da...

This is exactly how my DE bags looks like. I recently bought a Keepall 50, and It's more lighter and "dull" than my Icare. The Icare is also more shiny in the canvas, while the keepall is more dull. My Icare looks like your Speedy. -More warm and sharp in tone. I have several DE items, and none of them has the exact equal tone.
-If I hadn't know this is absolutely normal with the LV canvas (I've seen it on monogram also), it would have bother me MUCH, but thanks to purseforum I've reconciled with it :smile:

Last edited:
Here's the color variation of my DEs, my favorite MM obviously is darker and more grainy than the two, and the speedy is so soft and lighter. Anyone has some case with their speedy and favorite?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 340
I just received my damier pochette wallet from lv.com this morning. I noticed the damier canvas varies from my speedy damier canvas. The wallet doesn't have the same sheen as my speedy, it's more matte. The wallet also feels less 'slick' compared to my speedy. It's almost like the glaze is missing?

Is this normal for the wallet? Normal to have textile variation within the same product (damier) line? Thanks for any help. I'm nowhere near a boutique to check this out for myself.