Damier Brera vs. Triana

babyhart

admire inspire
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
I love the squarish looks to these bags, but wondering which one is better. I saw a woman with i think the triana and it looked so fab, like the epi pont-neuf. i love that the quality and design of the bag can make it go with a luxurious or casual outfit.

can anyone tell me the differences / similarities of the bags, other than the square shape!

i can't download the elux/vuitton website photos, so please let me know your opinons!
thanks.

According to the bible (aka Le Catalogue) and elux, the Triana measures 10.2" x 9.1" x 4.3" and costs $1,300;
p10022799_ph_hero.jpg

While the Brera measures 7.9" x 9.4" x 3.9" and costs considerable less at $855.
1f_1.JPG

Having seen the Triana in the boutique, I have to say that I prefer the Brera's softer construction.

i read that the triana is more user friendly. is it the same as the pont-neuf?

since the zips go down the sides of both triana and brera, does your stuff tend to fall out of the bags when it is opened?

I think there are two pieces of canvases at the end of the zipper...like the zipper will go that far, but there is a bit of canvas sticking out inside to prevent stuff from falling out.

And yes, I would say the Pont-Neuf is very similar to the Triana

i've seen the triana from afar and if it's like the pont neuf, then i know the construction of the bag.

i wish i could see the brera IRL or in pics on someone!

the SA i spoke to today likes the triana better due to it's structure and it's more older woman (read not old woman!) and the brera is for a younger woman.

she also mentioned two sizes for brera, the one i assume with the pic posted here is the smaller one, she said retails for $840 while the bigger one is a little over 1K. i wish the vuitton or elux websites would show it!!