Damier Azur neverfull everyday use

Kara Mella

Jun 1, 2020
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this question has already been posted. I did have a look but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.
I recently bought a gorgeous Azur neverfull (from 2016) that is in great condition with a lovely honey patina. I intend to use this as my every day bag until I buy my ebene neverfull in November. BUT I recently came across a pic of an Azur neverfull from 2012, (obviously very used) and was shocked by the condition this bag was in ! I've attached pics.
I wanted to hear from anyone who has worn their Azur very regularly, year round round, and how it's held up.
Sorry for the long post , and TIA☺

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this question has already been posted. I did have a look but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.
I recently bought a gorgeous Azur neverfull (from 2016) that is in great condition with a lovely honey patina. I intend to use this as my every day bag until I buy my ebene neverfull in November. BUT I recently came across a pic of an Azur neverfull from 2012, (obviously very used) and was shocked by the condition this bag was in ! I've attached pics.
I wanted to hear from anyone who has worn their Azur very regularly, year round round, and how it's held up.
I think it depends how you are going to look after it when using it. I have seen bags a couple years old that are completely trashed vs bags that are 10 years old and still are in good condition. I personally give all of my bags a quick clean with a wetwipe every couple of weeks to get any surface dust or dirt off and that way I have never had any major build up of anything. I also try not to scrape or bash the corners into walls etc.. to avoid wearing them out. The only other thing with azur I guess is the colour transfer so I just avoid wearing it with brand new jeans but as its a neverfull it will mostly go on your shoulder anyway so you are unlikely to have that problem. I dont think you have to worry too much, enjoy your new bag :heart:

I think it depends how you are going to look after it when using it. I have seen bags a couple years old that are completely trashed vs bags that are 10 years old and still are in good condition. I personally give all of my bags a quick clean with a wetwipe every couple of weeks to get any surface dust or dirt off and that way I have never had any major build up of anything. I also try not to scrape or bash the corners into walls etc.. to avoid wearing them out. The only other thing with azur I guess is the colour transfer so I just avoid wearing it with brand new jeans but as its a neverfull it will mostly go on your shoulder anyway so you are unlikely to have that problem. I dont think you have to worry too much, enjoy your new bag :heart:

Hi everyone,
Hi there,
Aaaaargh- I LOVE Azur!!!! :heart::heart::heart:
But let me tell you that I absolutely baby my bags and I have owned a new Neverfull GM, a new regular Speedy 30 and a preloved Totally Pm all in Azur in the last two years. All are gone now.
They just don‘t wear well for me. :no: The pattern fades after the shortest time (the blue squares rub off no matter how careful I was) and the color transfer was something I couldn‘t take any longer. I know people say don't wear new clothes in dark colors and I never did. :confused1: It is just natural that almost everything except white can leave marks on Azur. Cleaning is dangerous since you can damage the canvas when using aggressive stuff- but baby wipes won‘t do it in such cases....
I am so done and so sad, because I really love this print. :sad:
fortunately... I planned to sell at least one bag before I get my first Chanel and this made the decision- which one goes- very easy for me now.

I have a key holder and mini pochette in Azur and fingers crossed they will hold up!
But from my totally personal experience I would not recommend Azur for everyday. :-s I can live with wear and tear but not with blue/ black or whatever marks on my bag... but that is just me.

:flowers: Do what makes you happy and maybe you are lucky or even more careful than me!

Hi there,
Aaaaargh- I LOVE Azur!!!! :heart::heart::heart:
But let me tell you that I absolutely baby my bags and I have owned a new Neverfull GM, a new regular Speedy 30 and a preloved Totally Pm all in Azur in the last two years. All are gone now.
They just don‘t wear well for me. :no: The pattern fades after the shortest time (the blue squares rub off no matter how careful I was) and the color transfer was something I couldn‘t take any longer. I know people say don't wear new clothes in dark colors and I never did. :confused1: It is just natural that almost everything except white can leave marks on Azur. Cleaning is dangerous since you can damage the canvas when using aggressive stuff- but baby wipes won‘t do it in such cases....
I am so done and so sad, because I really love this print. :sad:
fortunately... I planned to sell at least one bag before I get my first Chanel and this made the decision- which one goes- very easy for me now.

I have a key holder and mini pochette in Azur and fingers crossed they will hold up!
But from my totally personal experience I would not recommend Azur for everyday. :-s I can live with wear and tear but not with blue/ black or whatever marks on my bag... but that is just me.

:flowers: Do what makes you happy and maybe you are lucky or even more careful than me!

Omg this is what I'm worried about! I might need to rotate her I think, even though I wear a lot of beige! Thanks so much for replying ❤

upload_2020-6-2_10-19-26.png

I wondered about the color transfer on the Azur too. I heard people saying not wearing dark colors with the bag will minimize color transfer. Thank you for sharing! I'm was debating about getting it because the print is so pretty but now I'll have to rethink it.

I recently sold my azur Neverfull due to the RB lining obtaining dark spots here and there. I always had a samorga purse organizer in mine so no idea where it came from. I settled for the azur pochette accessories instead

Reactions: Kara Mella
I think to be a true DA user, you have to have a carefree attitude. Not that anyone should trash their bags, but you have to know that a DA is eventually going to get a mark on it, or even the rubbing off of the blue squares that can happen, or sometimes they yellow. (I have some that have yellowed and some that have not, and I treat them all the same.) The dark DE squares will also rub off to the lighter color, it's just harder to notice.

But to answer your question about if will all DA's look horrid eventually: I think some people treat their bags better and they can look better 10 years down the road as compared to a 2 year old bag that was put on the ground, carried after loading hands with lotion, worn with dark jeans, filled with pens that leak, or even water bottles that leak, etc. We've even now seen the marks on bags from dripping hand sanitizer on the canvas.

Thanks everyone for replying! ❤
I think I'm just going to wear her (with care) and enjoy her!
If anyone has any pics of a well loved (and used) Azur neverfull, I'd love to see them

Currently using my Azur neverfull. I rotate it year round as it is a year round bag. Mine is 3-4 years old. I bought it new from LV. It has light patina. I do not baby my NFs at all. They are my work horse bags. I do have a Samorga in mine. The Samorga gets trashed but my bag looks great. The Azur canvas is immaculate, I think some are afraid of Azur but it is awesome and tough.
I was kind of inspecting the vachetta on my bag the other day. It has some very faint spots. I don’t care. I’ll use this bag forever. I’m starting to grow comfortable with the aged vachetta on my bags. I’m not looking to resell so as they age I feel less careful about their exposure. DA included. My only regret is that I waited so long to buy Azur.

Currently using my Azur neverfull. I rotate it year round as it is a year round bag. Mine is 3-4 years old. I bought it new from LV. It has light patina. I do not baby my NFs at all. They are my work horse bags. I do have a Samorga in mine. The Samorga gets trashed but my bag looks great. The Azur canvas is immaculate, I think some are afraid of Azur but it is awesome and tough.
I was kind of inspecting the vachetta on my bag the other day. It has some very faint spots. I don’t care. I’ll use this bag forever. I’m starting to grow comfortable with the aged vachetta on my bags. I’m not looking to resell so as they age I feel less careful about their exposure. DA included. My only regret is that I waited so long to buy Azur.

Thank you! This is so great to hear❤ Gives me peace of mind.
Do you have any pics you can share? I'd love to see the patina. Have you protected the patina at all with products?

Thank you! This is so great to hear❤ Gives me peace of mind.
Do you have any pics you can share? I'd love to see the patina. Have you protected the patina at all with products?
I’ll post a couple of quick pics. I never use anything on the vachetta. I don’t live in a rainy climate, Arizona, when we have rain I use a DE or Chanel.

Reactions: BirdieK