Damier Azur experiences?

EveyB

Feb 6, 2018
Hi,
I’m thinking about getting the Deauville mini in DA as a summer bag, but I’m hesitant because I only like vachetta on DA when it remains light-coloured. Is it even possible to maintain the vachetta in an almost original state if not worn in the rain? Please share your experiences and maybe pictures! :smile:

Reactions: M_Butterfly
I have had the PA in DA for about 8-10 years and the vachetta hasn't patina'd that much (attached pic). I have been careful with rain etc but one thing to say is that the vachetta parts on the PA are quite small in terms of surface and it's not where you would usually touch it or grab it from. Hope this helps!;)

View attachment 5067074
Thanks a lot for your detailed answer! :smile: Your PA is gorgeous!

Reactions: mariliz11
I had a speedy in Azur for 10 years , when I bought a new one and put them together I could see the new one is whiter . The old one is not dirty just gets darker .
I see what you mean. Thank you for pointing that out.
My other options would be the MPA Empreinte creme or the yet to be released Lockme tender, but I think also light coloured leather will not stay pristine.

I have DA neverfull for about 6 years and I’ve worn ir a lot. But only in Summer. I love the honey patina but I know you can put some applegaurd on it to prevent any oils or liquids from staining it and making it darker. I shall be using some to keep the honey color as I don’t want it to go too dark. Will attach a picture shortly

Reactions: EveyB
I have DA neverfull for about 6 years and I’ve worn ir a lot. But only in Summer. I love the honey patina but I know you can put some applegaurd on it to prevent any oils or liquids from staining it and making it darker. I shall be using some to keep the honey color as I don’t want it to go too dark. Will attach a picture shortly
Do you know if spraying Apple garde will make vachetta never get to that golden honey color?

I applied Apple Guard on the handles, trim and strap of a speedy 25b monogram about two years ago. The bag has slowly developed its patina but it doesn’t get a lot of use. I’ve used Apple Guard on any light colored leather including shoes.

I applied Apple Guard on the handles, trim and strap of a speedy 25b monogram about two years ago. The bag has slowly developed its patina but it doesn’t get a lot of use. I’ve used Apple Guard on any light colored leather including shoes.
Would you say your vachetta is a very light honey color or more leaning toward a more deep brown? I spray a neverfull with Apple garde before and after about 6 months the color kinda looked like it never got honey color just was developing a darker hue like a deeper brown.

I got caught in heavy rain yesterday while using my DA NF. No water spots and I don't use anything to protect the vachetta. Never had issues with color transfer with DA either, but I am careful to only carry DA with clothing I've washed several times.